Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fons & Porter Subscription >
  • Fons & Porter Subscription

• Fons & Porter Subscription

Old 03-11-2010, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by lots2do
    The latest thing in the magazine subscription world is automatic renewal if you've used a credit card to charge a subscription. They just keep it coming!
    How can they do that without your permission????
    Old 03-11-2010, 02:25 PM

Now there is another issue...some third party magazine broker is somehow getting the mailing lists from the magazine publishers and sending out their own renewal notices. Be sure you are getting a legitimate renewal notice from the real publisher, and not from a third party broker.
    Old 03-11-2010, 03:31 PM

2 yrs ago I didn't renew any of my mag subs for all the hassles that came w/ them..maybe I should have stuck w/ that thought..but its so nice to get them in the mail and usually at a discount but not worth all the hassles.
    Old 03-11-2010, 04:26 PM

I subscribed to F & P over a year ago. It was a promotional type subscription offering a reduced rate and 3 free gifts. I paid and received the magazines but no free gifts. I tried contacting them by phone and e-mail. Couldn't find a phone # and no response to the e-mail. I got my renewal notice in the mail and guess what - I didnt renew - even though I enjoyed the magazine. I'll find magazines in our library.
    Old 03-11-2010, 08:25 PM
    Power Poster

Sometimes a company gets to big to take care of all these things. Maybe they decided to outsource, but I think this will hurt them.
    Old 03-11-2010, 09:28 PM

U chose to purchase a mag. from the Store if it looks to be one that I want, just so I do not have to go through this hassle. It is nice to have it come in the mail, but not worth the hassle for me.
    Old 03-11-2010, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by ToucanSam
    Well, on a related note, I subscribed to Southern Living 2 months ago. I have yet to receive ONE issue. I called today to cancel and the representative told me that it could take 30-60 DAYS to get my paid subscription refunded!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes me just want to use the newsttand.
    I am in the same boat with you, check cleared the bank in Dec. still no magazine.
    Old 03-11-2010, 10:03 PM

If you paid by credit card, look up your statement and get the date they charged your account. Then call them and give them the date you were charged. My husband and I own a magazine and when anyone calls with this problem I immediately look on the date we charged them. Of course, we are not near as large as F&P but this will give them the info they will need to look up the problem with your subscription.
    Old 03-11-2010, 10:59 PM

I know that the Hearst Corporation does magazine renewals for tons of magazines...I used to work for them. We would send out renewals every day for all types and styles of mags. The christmas renewals started in June and didn't end until January. If the address is for Boone, Harlan or Redoak Iowa...then the renewals are handled by the Hearst Corporation. I'm not sure if Suncoast in Florida is still in business or not, but they do the same type of business. The division of the Hearst Corp. that handles the renewals is called CDSGlobal and usually they are pretty good about taking care of things. I also know that they will send multiple billings for the same mag. within days of each other. :( Never understood this but it was a job.

Hope that you have good luck on getting this issue resolved.
    Old 03-12-2010, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
    Now there is another issue...some third party magazine broker is somehow getting the mailing lists from the magazine publishers and sending out their own renewal notices. Be sure you are getting a legitimate renewal notice from the real publisher, and not from a third party broker.
    this is a fact....it is a really different looking billing. On QNL I wasn't going to renew and got this bogus billing say I could pay with 3 payments of $19.95. Were they dumb, but how many people fall for it???