Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Found Note to Self >
  • Found Note to Self

• Found Note to Self

Old 05-10-2011, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by joy
    I buy ingredients for baking or else for the main part of the meal and then I can't find the recipe or what book it is in.... do it all the time.... will have to stop that as it is getting too expensive.. have three oranges in the fridge at the moment as I saw a recipe for a beautiful cake, but been through the magazines and can't find the recipe.... frustrating...
    Peel the oranges, slice them up, put coconut on them and serve them for dessert = saves calories!
    Old 05-10-2011, 02:25 AM

I have written notes, and couldn't find them till later. And then you know what happens. I don't know what it's for. I think we all do that.
    Old 05-10-2011, 09:50 AM

Thanks everyone for the tearing-up laughter you've given me this morning. I think I am with you on every account. My note-keeping is getting ridiculous, I now have piles & shoeboxes with parts of my brain (memory) in each one (labeled of course), lest I forget those AHA moments. Most of my boxes are quilt/sewing related; thanks to all my fellow quilting-enablers here! When I'm gone no one will read them, but as long as I'm here, it's just got to be that way. I am most disturbed when any of my other 4 family members decides to rearrange the papers on my desk, as I have already sorted those into priorities! I have one in college (still home, not launched yet), a senior in high school (for 3 more weeks), & one in Jr. high who's highly ambitious & keeps me on the run. Hoping it's not early Alzheimer's, but I'm not sure.

I am curious if you'd share a little of your thoughts/ reasons on washing the grass? I read a little here on home remedies for lawns & see the dish soap listed: http://www.garden-counselor-lawn-car...for-lawns.html
    I don't believe I have a shoebox on that topic, yet!;-)
    Old 05-10-2011, 10:04 AM

I find recipes my mom has written, with no name on it...no idea what we're making....most of the time, just the ingredients and measurements, not how to put together or how to bake it!!!!
    Old 05-10-2011, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Kellie G
    I find recipes my mom has written, with no name on it...no idea what we're making....most of the time, just the ingredients and measurements, not how to put together or how to bake it!!!!
    I inherited my grandmothers recipes and she was a wonderful cook! Although some do have titles, so that helps, she lists the ingredients, not what to do with it. That was life experience. She grew up cooking with a wood cookstove, so no temperature controls there; she was born in 1901. Some say "medium oven", that means about 350 in her book, as we had that conversation a few times when I was a kid helping, & "hot" was later interpreted as 400. She cooked until the last year or so, & lived to about 96. My mother was just going to throw the recipes out, but my daughter has quite an interest in cooking, so will likely enjoy the prospect of the puzzle.
    Old 05-10-2011, 10:41 AM

bio degradable soap makes water wetter, doing a better job of watering the lawn, especially if you are under water restrictions.

I have learned to put a date and quilt name or person for at the top of my planning sheets.

I date television shopping lists, too.

I have mystery numbers and people written, too. I now try to write names WITH numbers.

I once looked back at a To Do list, and discovered under "send card" category: Rhonda.

I do not know or work with a Rhonda.

I finally decided I had seen an obit or editorial that was particularly poignant. Not a person I knew, but wanted to send a card.
    Old 05-10-2011, 01:07 PM
    Power Poster

Yes :roll: :XD:
    Old 05-10-2011, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    I use made up abbreviations, then can't decipher them when I get to the store. The one that comes to mind is non cr dd. I was stumped. Finally, I realized I needed dish detergent without moisturizers in it for washing the grass. That was last year. Now I need more, so maybe I'll write it out this year.
    LMBO...This is funny ONLY because the other day I wrote my list out, went to the store and seen "taq" on the list it was in my husbands handwriting I came home with a bottle of Tequila. Got home I said what are we doing for dinner. He said Taquitos! I said we don't have any. He said I put them on the list earlier! OOPS. He told me to put it on the list and I said just write it on there he didn't know how to spell it and just abbreviated it and I forget he asked me to put them on there!
    Old 05-10-2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by cabinfever
    Originally Posted by Kellie G
    I inherited my grandmothers recipes and she was a wonderful cook! Although some do have titles, so that helps, she lists the ingredients, not what to do with it. That was life experience. She grew up cooking with a wood cookstove, so no temperature controls there; she was born in 1901. Some say "medium oven", that means about 350 in her book, as we had that conversation a few times when I was a kid helping, & "hot" was later interpreted as 400. She cooked until the last year or so, & lived to about 96. My mother was just going to throw the recipes out, but my daughter has quite an interest in cooking, so will likely enjoy the prospect of the puzzle.
    I framed 2 of my Grandmother's recipes for in my kitchen. One is signed and dated 1929. I love the ones on funeral home note paper. My Aunt gave meGram's cook book and recipes because she knew I would cherish them, Aunt Dora was right.
    Old 05-10-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Carol's Quilts
    Originally Posted by irishrose
    I use made up abbreviations, then can't decipher them when I get to the store. The one that comes to mind is non cr dd. I was stumped. Finally, I realized I needed dish detergent without moisturizers in it for washing the grass. That was last year. Now I need more, so maybe I'll write it out this year.
    Wow - you wash your grass? LOL
    I wondered about that myself? Should we ALL be washing our lawns? lol !