Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • found quilt top- Now how do I finish it?? please help!! >
  • found quilt top- Now how do I finish it?? please help!!

• found quilt top- Now how do I finish it?? please help!!

Old 01-15-2014, 08:46 PM

If it were mine, I wouldn't add a border, just a pretty color for the binding, or a white. I think a border might distract from this beauty. I think any color you want for the back since there are so many pretty colors in this quilt. I know were you are with that horrid disease. We lost my Dad to that terrible monster, and I've lost some friends to it as well. Keep your chin up, and just give her lots of hugs and love, try and not become angry with her, because she is not aware of what she says or does. Just remember she needs and will as time goes by, lots of loving care- just like she gave you when you were growing up.Prayers go out to all who have a loved one with this dreaded monster.
    Perhaps the quilt when finished will spark a memory for her. What a treasure you will have when it is finished. Love and Hugs to both of you.
    Old 01-15-2014, 08:57 PM

I am enjoying this post. My comment is similar to Tartan's. I would use a floral for the border that is very multicolored and picks us lots of the colors in the scrap quilt. I think it would be unifying. I also like colorful backs and I might just use the floral on the back. I do love your mother's work and it is a treasure. Though she has no memory of doing it is she able to comment about what she thinks would look nice? I understand your situation because my husband and I have been in your situation. Be blessed and appreciate each day's blessing.
    Old 01-16-2014, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
    I agree with the others, it would look great without a border. It's a lovely quilt and will be a wonderful remembrance of your mother's work.
    thumbs up, my thoughts exactly!