Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • found a tote full of cloth >
  • found a tote full of cloth

• found a tote full of cloth

Old 06-01-2013, 03:38 PM

Thumbs down found a tote full of cloth

Decided to stop at a second hand place that opened this winter to check it out. She also advertises crafts. I happened to spot a tote that was full of cloth. I didn't look at it much by offered her $10 for the whole things. She took it. when I got home and started sorting and washing I found one piece that is like drapery or light upholstery material about 5 yards. pieces of cottons etc. Half yards to full yards and smaller. Also about 35 blocks cut out in tiny roses on white, and then there is all kinds of slippery stuff like wedding dress, prom, etc with all kinds of pieces. It's not the goodies everyone describes here at times but it is sure a lot to practice on.
    Old 06-01-2013, 03:40 PM

Not bad for the money
    Old 06-01-2013, 03:51 PM

You can make a quilt tote and several purses out of the upholstery fabric. Remnants run about $6.00 per yard around here, so you did get a good deal.
    Old 06-01-2013, 04:15 PM

Anytime you pay less than retail/ sales/ coupons for something you re going to use, you totally score!!! I need to hit the thrift stores more often!
    Old 06-01-2013, 04:17 PM

Nice acquisition!!!
    Old 06-01-2013, 07:43 PM

Sounds like you have all sorts of fun stuff to play with!
    I see totes, wall hangings, crazy quilts, and even a regular quilt or two in your future.
    Have fun!

PS in the satins, are there any with bright or darker colors? If so PM me as I would like to buy or trade for them.
    Old 06-01-2013, 07:46 PM
    Power Poster

Little bit like Christmas!
    Old 06-02-2013, 02:43 AM
    Power Poster

so, why the 'thumbs down' ? seems like you made out pretty good...like you said you have lots to practice with, some of the (slippery stuff) can be stabilized & used as embellishment, applique. home dec---you said she advertises crafts---and that is what you got- craft fabrics- I would give it a thumbs up.
    Old 06-02-2013, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
    so, why the 'thumbs down' ? seems like you made out pretty good...like you said you have lots to practice with, some of the (slippery stuff) can be stabilized & used as embellishment, applique. home dec---you said she advertises crafts---and that is what you got- craft fabrics- I would give it a thumbs up.
    OOPS! I Thought I had the right thumb. It was suppose to be an up thumb. Oh, well!
    Old 06-02-2013, 05:56 AM

Smile

You have lots of fabric to use in an art quilt, or you can use pieces as embellishments!!! Lucky you!!!!
    Originally Posted by jetayre
    Decided to stop at a second hand place that opened this winter to check it out. She also advertises crafts. I happened to spot a tote that was full of cloth. I didn't look at it much by offered her $10 for the whole things. She took it. when I got home and started sorting and washing I found one piece that is like drapery or light upholstery material about 5 yards. pieces of cottons etc. Half yards to full yards and smaller. Also about 35 blocks cut out in tiny roses on white, and then there is all kinds of slippery stuff like wedding dress, prom, etc with all kinds of pieces. It's not the goodies everyone describes here at times but it is sure a lot to practice on.