Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • foundation paper piecing patterns >
  • foundation paper piecing patterns

• foundation paper piecing patterns

Old 02-13-2008, 03:48 AM

Recently I started using the paper piecing method and really like this method. I was getting free patterns online and discovered most of them are not correct in their measurements. Say a block is suppose to measure at 5 inches, one side may be 5 inches and the other way may be a little less than 5 inches. Has anyone else had this problem and what have you done about it? I have Quilt Pro 5 and have drawn some of the patterns into that then printed them out. I'm still working with the program and haven't figured out how to do some of the more complicated foundation patterns but I keep working at it. Thanks again
    Old 02-13-2008, 07:13 PM

I've had the same problem but I have the quilt pro 6. I draw my lines for my pattern but when I go to print they are off by 1/8 to 1/4 inch. Does anyone know how to make the lines snap into place?
    Old 02-13-2008, 07:29 PM

Sorry I don't own a qult program, but I do know copiers and printers can be off ever so slightly to a 1/16 of inch.
    Old 02-14-2008, 05:04 AM

I looked on the quilt pro web site and as far as I know they haven't come out with a version 6 yet. It's still 5 so maybe you have EQ 6? On Quilt Pro there is a button on the tools you click to "snap to grid". When I print the foundation pieces from the quilt program they print out perfect. It's just the ones on the web that don't. I have run across a few that do print right but not many.
    Old 02-18-2008, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by gizzie
    I looked on the quilt pro web site and as far as I know they haven't come out with a version 6 yet. It's still 5 so maybe you have EQ 6? On Quilt Pro there is a button on the tools you click to "snap to grid". When I print the foundation pieces from the quilt program they print out perfect. It's just the ones on the web that don't. I have run across a few that do print right but not many.
    Duh! You're right I do have the EQ 6. I must of had a brain fart that day.