Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fun ideas for quilt shops...can you add any? >
  • Fun ideas for quilt shops...can you add any?

• Fun ideas for quilt shops...can you add any?

Old 03-21-2015, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by debstoehr
    I know which LQS you are talking about! As I read the list, I kept saying to myself "TOT does that!" Then I saw the name and looked at the pic and your info and said "I know her!" Are you going to be at Play Day at the end of the month? Have missed seeing everyone.
    I'm sorry Deb, I have plans so unable to go this month. Have fun for me...another great thing about Threads of Time. We have a blast don't we?
    Old 03-21-2015, 10:47 AM

If you pay with cash or check, you are entered to win one of 3 gift certificates ($25 each). On your birthday, you get that percent off one item (59% for me this year!), "shop hops" where participating shops give patterns and "gifts" to the participants. Buy 10 fq, get 1 free, buy 20 fq get 2 free, etc.
    Old 03-21-2015, 11:01 AM

The place I moved from had a shop where they do a block of the month this way: they give you enough fabric (in two different colorways) to make a block and the directions for that month's block for $5. They demo how to make it which is nice if you are new to quilting or if you want to bring someone. If you bring it back completed you get the next block free. They always had tons of stuff on sale for that evening to go with your projects. If you couldn't make it one night you still could jump back in for $5. What a deal! I sure miss that shop.
    Old 03-21-2015, 11:22 AM

Besides great selection and a good clearance sale room, my LQS is across the street from a Brewery, so fellas don't mind going!
    Old 03-21-2015, 01:29 PM

All sounds like fun. Ours doesn't do much of anything. I would travel a little ways to go to some of these though if I knew about them in advance. Thanks for all the info. I will check things out now
    Old 03-21-2015, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by MarLeClair
    Once or twice a year our LQS hires a bus limo and we are driven to two other quilt shop. At the starting quilt shop we have breakfast, the second we have lunch and the last we have dinner. The shops make the meals or have it catered. Lots of fun and I'm sure a lot of money changing hands.
    We have had this but they since stopped the tours...bummer.
    Old 03-22-2015, 06:05 PM

Our LQS is celebrating 20 years in business so lots of specials, demonstrations, 20% off on different items on certain days, charity projects for anyone to make and contribute plus they offer donated fabric to use for the charity projects and space in their classroom to sew and use their machines. They also do bus trips and sponsor shop hops. They are a wonderful shop. I know they do other things but that's all I can think of at the moment!