Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • fun trip to LQS >
  • fun trip to LQS

• fun trip to LQS

Old 11-08-2011, 08:23 PM

Wink fun trip to LQS

A LQS about 20 miles from my house is going out of business. He is at 40% off for the month of November so I went on Saturday. The very tiny shop was PACKED - looked like a bunch of gals had come together and were getting ready to check out when I walked in. They each had stacks of cut fabrics in their arms, waiting to pay. The cashier asked a customer if she wanted her receipt - they have to print it off of their printer hooked up to their computer - no cash register. The customer replied "NO, I do not want a paper trail" - the whole place erupted in laughter. The clerk was putting her purchases in a clear plastic bag - very visible to anybody - including an inquisitive DH. Then another customer said that the best way to bring fabric into her house was to put it in a WalMart bag. More laughter. Then, I said that I was told to enter "WalMart" into my check register instead of "Quilt Shop" - that got another round of laughter. Then an older lady said "Ladies, don't hide anything from your husbands - instead, point out their boats, their guns, fishing rods, their power tools, etc. then ask them how many fish we could have bought for the price of their new boat. Now, howls of laughter!!!

I wound up spending about $70 - doubt if there will be much left by December, when he will be at 50% off.
    Old 11-08-2011, 08:34 PM
    Power Poster

That is so funny sounds like you had a really great time!!!
    Old 11-08-2011, 08:49 PM

Location: Winter/South Florida;Summer/anywhere & everywhere North

Sorry to hear another LQS is going out of business, but what fun you had anyhoo
    Old 11-08-2011, 09:34 PM

My mom always says husbands do not need to know everything - especially when it comes to fabric purchases. The lady at her local fabric store calls her a fabric glutton. Amazing how we find ways to get new fabrics into the stash!Don't think for one moment DH does not know! They 'read' our body language and recognise the way we hold the shopping bags close to us.