Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • G Street Fabric - anyone buy from them >
  • G Street Fabric - anyone buy from them

• G Street Fabric - anyone buy from them

Old 02-18-2018, 06:29 AM

thank you everyone for your replies! I placed my order on line.... now I just have to wait for my package to arrive
    Old 02-18-2018, 06:55 AM

Wow!! Thrilled to know they are now on line. Used to shop there when they were at Seven Corners shopping center outside of D.C.
    Old 02-18-2018, 11:22 AM
    Suz

Shopped there when we lived in D.C. Yes, I would trust them. I found that when I went to the store, I had to be very focused as the largest display of fabrics, notions, accessories for every type of fabric/findings was in this store. Their selection of decorating fabrics, trims, was outstanding. Leather, ulrasuede, bridal, patterns, books, classrooms, buttons, feathers, yarn, sewing machines, whatever, on and on, the selection was just plain great. Even their high pile of remnents, at great prices could keep your attention for a long time. High and I mean high, over your head where you struggle to pull a piece to see. I could so easily be distracted. Wish I had this resource closer to me right now. And the staff, particularly in the quilting fabric section were so helpful and knowledgeable. They had an incentive program wherein every month they would have a free pattern (all baskets, all stars, etc) for 12 months. You had to go the store to pick up the pattern (just to get you in the store). At the end of the 12 months and you showed them that you had made the 12 basket blocks, they would have a "show and tell" and award you with a $25 gift certificate. And we all know how far a $25 certificate would last. Loved GStreet. -- I think guilds have made GStreet their bus trip destinations for a day. Well worth the trip.
    Old 02-18-2018, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Suz
    Shopped there when we lived in D.C. Yes, I would trust them. I found that when I went to the store, I had to be very focused as the largest display of fabrics, notions, accessories for every type of fabric/findings was in this store. Their selection of decorating fabrics, trims, was outstanding. Leather, ulrasuede, bridal, patterns, books, classrooms, buttons, feathers, yarn, sewing machines, whatever, on and on, the selection was just plain great. Even their high pile of remnents, at great prices could keep your attention for a long time. High and I mean high, over your head where you struggle to pull a piece to see. I could so easily be distracted. Wish I had this resource closer to me right now. And the staff, particularly in the quilting fabric section were so helpful and knowledgeable. They had an incentive program wherein every month they would have a free pattern (all baskets, all stars, etc) for 12 months. You had to go the store to pick up the pattern (just to get you in the store). At the end of the 12 months and you showed them that you had made the 12 basket blocks, they would have a "show and tell" and award you with a $25 gift certificate. And we all know how far a $25 certificate would last. Loved GStreet. -- I think guilds have made GStreet their bus trip destinations for a day. Well worth the trip.
    wow! sounds like a place I would love to visit in person
    Old 02-18-2018, 06:14 PM

My cousin took me to the store in Rockville while I visited her one time. I think I need to visit her again. Loved the store and everything in it.
    Old 02-19-2018, 05:49 AM

Unrelated to G street, but Go Muskies!
    Old 02-19-2018, 01:44 PM

eimay, muskies was the JGHS team. A graduate??
    Old 02-19-2018, 02:47 PM

Never heard of them, but you prompted me to check them out. They sure have a lot of fabric
    Old 02-19-2018, 04:52 PM

Grace creates -- take the train and visit G Street in Rockville. Terrific store!