Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Getting a new machine :) >
  • Getting a new machine :)

• Getting a new machine :)

Old 12-18-2011, 07:24 PM

Default Getting a new machine :)

Well, thanks to Dianna1234, I am getting the Pfaff Expression 4.0. The quilter I'm buying it from let me borrow her 2.0 to get an idea of it first. She wasn't sure she was going to sell the 4.0, but found the embroidery machine she wants in Phoenix and called me this morning offering her 4.0. DH said go for it - it's my Christmas present! I'll get it when she returns from a skiing trip this week

So, tell me about the 2.0 first - since I'll be using it for a week or so. I've got 18 mug rugs to finish, so I guess that's as good a project to work on as any! I will get lots of practice threading the machine, winding bobbins, and playing around with different stitches. However, I'm sure once I get the 4.0, I'll be asking lots and lots and LOTS of questions! Does anybody know of any you-tube videos featuring this machine? I've searched, but I'm not really finding any.

I can't wait until I start a bigger quilt! I especially like the automatic presser foot lift - great for chain piecing and applique! It actually was the feature that sold dh!
    Old 12-18-2011, 08:26 PM

I have a QE4.0 and there is a Yahoo group specifically for it. Try Googling "yahoo group pfaff quilters expression" and that should take you to it. If you have any trouble finding it, PM me and I'll get some more specific info for you. Congratulations on your new machine--I love mine!