Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Golf themed Quilt >
  • Golf themed Quilt

• Golf themed Quilt

Old 12-28-2016, 06:09 PM

Default Golf themed Quilt

Have any of you ever made a golf themed quilt? Which pattern did you use, and where did you purchase your fabrics? Thanks in advance.
    Old 12-28-2016, 06:41 PM
    Power Poster

you can download designs to applique on blocks, write some words like tee, fore,flag and do pictures of everything on a gold course. you could put in the center a hole with the greens around it. have fun, good luck,
    Old 12-28-2016, 07:55 PM

I've made one, and I thought it was successful. (Alas I never took a picture of it.) I used some golf-themed fabrics + some color-coordinated fabrics and made a disappearing 4-patch. I made sure that the most resistant-to-cutting golf-themed fabric (e.g., fussy-cut pictures of a golfer) remained as the central foci of the blocks, and that the second-strongest (e.g., a golf ball "toss") took the next strongest position. I filled in with color-coordinated but non-golf-specific fabrics.

I found my focus fabrics at a local quilt shop, but I've discovered these same fabrics readily available online (from other local quilt shops).

It was fun to do. I hope you'll enjoy the project!
    Old 12-29-2016, 03:34 PM

Thank you Lynnie and Sushi. I AM looking forward to this project, as my son asked me for a quilt for himself. I've made several for his sister and my DIL(his wife), and I'm delighted he'd like one as well. I'm not real good at conceiving the idea/pattern for myself, but I'll look around a bit longer before I actually start on it.
    Old 12-29-2016, 08:44 PM

I just ran across a panel that was golf related and it was beautiful. It may have been Missouri Quilt Co. but I am not sure. I was hunting an eagle to use for my grandson's Boy Scout Eagle when he gets it soon. I cannot find what I want and I do not want to piece the eagle. I was on several sites.
    Old 12-30-2016, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by grmamrtha1
    Have any of you ever made a golf themed quilt? Which pattern did you use, and where did you purchase your fabrics? Thanks in advance.
    I used the Maple Island quilt pattern BQ and used golf themed quilt for the large squares with corresponding fabrics. I don't have a picture as I just have the top completed and have not quilted it yet.