Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Goodwill find update! >
  • Goodwill find update!

• Goodwill find update!

Old 01-06-2012, 10:39 PM

How can you afford to pass up a deal like that and I would be back there again to see if any more comes in. Where are they getting it from? Lucky you. Maybe DH will be happy at how much you saved him. I know that's a stretch but it could happen then he'll take the keys to the car. Good Luck. Sue
    Old 01-06-2012, 10:49 PM

I think it's great! Look how much it would cost if you went to LQS!! As long as your using it. Wonderful! I wish I'd find that! Not many places up here to even buy fabric!
    Can u say jack pot!!
    Old 01-07-2012, 04:10 AM

sometimes a good deal is hard not to pass it up ,i think you did great keep checking in that lucky goodwill store
    Old 01-07-2012, 04:32 AM

I donate fabric to the Goodwill here, but have never seen any in the store. I look all the time, but it does not make sense -- donate because I have too much and look because I want more.
    Old 01-07-2012, 04:36 AM

congrats, the most I every find is maybe a 3 yd piece and only 1 at a time.
    Old 01-07-2012, 05:09 AM

yep, leave it outside, bring just what you can wash in at a time.....lice and bed bugs abound. Must be really vilagent about this.
    Old 01-07-2012, 05:25 AM

nice of you to be purchasing agent for the quilting board. and working only for commission TYVM
    Old 01-07-2012, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by jljquilter
    OH my God! My husband is going to kill me or at the very least take my car keys away. Went to Goodwill again this morning. I came home with 67.5 yards of more quilt shop quality fabric for $1.99 per yard. There was even flannel this time. None of the cuts were less than 7 yards. I have never seen this much material at this Goodwill. I have spent more and got more fabric in the past 4 days than I have gotten the entire time I have been quilting. I have gotten a total of 170 yards of fabric. Somebody tell me not to keep going back. I don't need more, I can't afford more but how can you turn this down. My Husband is out of town until Sunday. After I break the new fabric to him I will have him post pictures. Happy,Happy dances!
    Why not post some here to recoup some money to cover costs. That should make him (and us) happy.
    Old 01-07-2012, 06:18 AM

What great deals! I stop at our Goodwill frequently and they never have fabric. There's 1 or 2 small shelves with an assortment of craft items but never anything I want. Congrats on your great finds!
    Old 01-07-2012, 06:37 AM

Wow! I am green with envy! There is a GoodWill store about a block from our house. The very first day they opened I bought a quilted bedspread, round ruffled pillow, and two pair of lined, pleated drapes, all made from the very best fabric, in a beautiful yellow background floral pattern--all for $40!!! I decorated my bedroom around it!

But evidently someone told them this was way too cheap, because ever since the opening day they have had nothing but JUNK, and it is priced as if it were made of spun gold! The only thing I ever buy there now men's shirts, which I cut up for quilt fabric. (Have made a couple of really pretty plaid quilts from them..for a little bit of nothing!) Enjoy your treasure, and if you decide you can't use all of it, sell some of it. Good luck!