Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Got To Crow >
  • Got To Crow

• Got To Crow

Old 01-14-2016, 01:12 AM

Great work. I always feel like that this time of year, but find that,if like you,I start on the smallest, easiest tasks there's a great sense of accomplishment which then helps me move on to the bigger or more difficult tasks.
    Old 01-14-2016, 03:55 AM

What a great start... I know I always feel better when I take a day to just clean up and put away "stuff" from (usually many) previous projects.

I have started cleaning out a closet this month that has been ignored for over a decade. I'm forcing myself to do this for 30 minutes once a week. It's amazing how much more room I have now.

I found two pairs of pants that I had started hemming and never finished. Once I did that, I had two new pairs of pants. I must admit that I would rather buy new pants that actually fit me rather than hemming... but where would one find those?
    Old 01-14-2016, 04:08 AM

I have a complete tote of UFO's that need completing....one of these days!!
    Old 01-14-2016, 04:12 AM

Good for you!!!!!!!!!
    Old 01-14-2016, 04:23 AM

Congrats on your accomplishments... it feels good to finish up a few projects and it sounds like you have a few more in the works. Keep up the momentum....
    Old 01-14-2016, 06:35 AM

This is why I enjoy patching jeans. I don't mind doing it, and it takes INCHES off my current sewing pile!
    Old 01-14-2016, 06:59 AM
    pal

It's amazing that something that weighs so little feels so heavy on your back. And what a relief to get all of the little junks done. I've been wanting to replace a button on a shirt for months - so I move it from one pile to another. Finally bit the bullet and sewed on the button. I feel lighter already!
    Congratulations on lightening your load!
    Old 01-14-2016, 08:35 AM

congrats and good for you -- I belong to a bee that keeps coming up with projects, big and small, for us, since we have several that I call overachievers, while I still have UFOs that I should work on, mainly an Irish Mist in a box and a Baltimore Album with the final bordered to be appliqued and maybe some others too -- I am really a one project at a time type, but have accepted that there will be UFOs!!--I manage to keep up with most of the bee projects, a BOM with big blocks and themed blocks for various seasons and a row quilt or two, and my own UFOs fall by the way!!
    Old 01-14-2016, 09:15 AM

Have spent the last two days cleaning off my quilting table, which is nine feet square. I feel so much better. Have to start a quilt for our church raffle and now I feel more like getting at it. Also found a couple of missing rulers, a measuring tape, and a box of 2.5 by 4.5 quilt pieces. This snow storm we have been having in western NY is keeping me housebound, but I guess it is a blessing in disguise.
    Old 01-14-2016, 09:15 AM
    Power Poster

Congratulations on finishing those UFO's. I'm in the middle of making an applique and pieced baby block; you'd think that having made one in a full size quilt for our DGD, that I wouldn't make another one, but I am. This one, however, is a much smaller quilt and I'm eliminating the dragonflies, only leaving flowers, hearts, pinwheel blocks and last but not least, 2 variations of applique butterflies. I know, glutton for punishment, however, this is for the DGD of a dear friend, and we have been friends since before her son was born, then Alyssa came along; she's a real sweetheart, so I feel I should make her a special quilt. Besides, I had the strips all ready sewn and ready for the appliques, plus the squares were cut for the pinwheel blocks, so about half the work is already done.