Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Great fabric/antique/thrif stores between Lexington, Ky, Cincinnati and Ann Arbor, mi >
  • Great fabric/antique/thrif stores between Lexington, Ky, Cincinnati and Ann Arbor, mi

• Great fabric/antique/thrif stores between Lexington, Ky, Cincinnati and Ann Arbor, mi

Old 07-07-2017, 08:33 AM

Default Great fabric/antique/thrif stores between Lexington, Ky, Cincinnati and Ann Arbor, mi

Friends,
    I am planning a road trip from Alabama to Ann Arbor, Michigan, with several stops along the way. I believe I will be on Interstate 75 for most of the trip.

As I will be stopping regularly along the way I would love to visit quilt shops and other crafting stores along the way, preferably not too far from the interstate. Also, I like browsing antique/thrift stores as well. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
    Old 07-07-2017, 03:21 PM
    Power Poster

sounds like a great trip
    Old 07-07-2017, 03:50 PM

There are two good stores in Lexington--Sew A Lot and Quilters Square. The first is right off I-75 at exit 108. Get off the interstate, turn left and then right at the first light and right at the next light. It is on the left. Quilters Square is farther off the interstate but they have a huge selection of fabric. Both are favorites of mine!
    Old 07-08-2017, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by zelenkabach
    Friends,
    I am planning a road trip from Alabama to Ann Arbor, Michigan, with several stops along the way. I believe I will be on Interstate 75 for most of the trip.

As I will be stopping regularly along the way I would love to visit quilt shops and other crafting stores along the way, preferably not too far from the interstate. Also, I like browsing antique/thrift stores as well. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
    Is someone headed to the University of Michigan?
    Old 07-08-2017, 01:16 PM

In Cincinnati my 2 favorite shops are Silk Road and Quilters Studio in Loveland, OH (which is basically a suburb of Cincinnati) Silk Road has lots of unique fabric I don't see in other shops. 6106 Hamilton Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45224. They are closed on Mondays. Quilters Studio has tons and tons of batiks plus lots of Kona and other awesome fabrics.535 W Loveland Ave, Loveland, OH 45140
    There are quite a few shops in Cincinnati. I also really like Little Shop of Stitches in Miamisburg,OH 79 S Main St, Miamisburg, OH 45342. If you are heading up I-75 Th fabric Shack in Waynesville isn't too far out of your way also. Have fun.
    Old 07-09-2017, 12:33 PM

There are several in the Fairfield/Hamilton areas of Cinci close to the interstate. My favorite was Bella Quilts.
    Old 07-09-2017, 08:25 PM

I have to smile because we recently returned from Ann Arbor, but it was one of those flying like crazy trips there and back. Hubby likes to put miles behind us so I doubt that I'll do any quilt fabric shopping at the end of the month. That and time crunch thing and the fact that I am saturated with fabric, ideas, notions, patterns, etc. Just want the time and energy to actually sew. However, I wouldn't miss the U of M Medical School White Coat ceremony for anything under the sun on 29 July!!! Safe travels to all
    Old 07-12-2017, 07:50 AM

If you get near East Lansing in Michigan Country Stitches is a fabulous shop.