Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Great NewS >
  • Great NewS

• Great NewS

Old 01-22-2011, 06:32 AM

I am happy for you. Took me 6 yrs to get approved for mine. No insurance no money no doctor records. It was tough
    Old 01-22-2011, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by pjaco
    After being off work for 14+ months, husband is finally approved for disability ! I was so scared I already filed our taxes, so I could hurry and get them back. SS even called to verify. Thank you Jesus
    What a blessing for you, Pjaco. Doesn't it just renew your faith? We definitely are taken care of by The Master Provider.
    Old 01-22-2011, 06:41 AM

You are so right !! Amen, sister !!
    Originally Posted by Nolee
    After being off work for 14+ months, husband is finally approved for disability ! I was so scared I already filed our taxes, so I could hurry and get them back. SS even called to verify. Thank you Jesus
    What a blessing for you, Pjaco. Doesn't it just renew your faith? We definitely are taken care of by The Master Provider.
    :D
    Old 01-22-2011, 06:44 AM

It doesn't seem fair to have to go through further hardships caused by stress. I wonder if they catch all the ones who are really trying to "beat and cheat the system" while those who really are disabled are in such dire straits.
    Old 01-22-2011, 06:49 AM

Just wonderful news!
    Old 01-22-2011, 06:55 AM

It took us so long to get my dh disability payments paperwork straighten out after it was approved and payments started - they approved the wrong amount of payments, then wanted to eliminate payments until the overage was paid back and said we should have know how much we were entitled to and have corrected SS's mistake. I remember all the inept people we dealt with and the delays and their bad attitudes, that now I seriously doubt anyone is trying to beat and cheat the system. If I wanted to run a con game it wouldn't be for the peanuts that disability pays! I remember our paperwork being assigned to one worker that answered every question with "I gets to it when I gets to it. Ever time I gets called I puts that paper on the bottom of my pile."
    Old 01-22-2011, 07:04 AM

The lawyer told me about that and to watch out cause they always catch up. If your not disabled, you will be after going through all the bs and red tape. We used almost all of our IRA 's just to live !!!! ARG !!
    Originally Posted by TanyaLynn
    It took us so long to get my dh disability payments paperwork straighten out after it was approved and payments started - they approved the wrong amount of payments, then wanted to eliminate payments until the overage was paid back and said we should have know how much we were entitled to and have corrected SS's mistake. I remember all the inept people we dealt with and the delays and their bad attitudes, that now I seriously doubt anyone is trying to beat and cheat the system. If I wanted to run a con game it wouldn't be for the peanuts that disability pays! I remember our paperwork being assigned to one worker that answered every question with "I gets to it when I gets to it. Ever time I gets called I puts that paper on the bottom of my pile."
    Old 01-22-2011, 07:29 AM

It is very hard to get approved for disability. It took me 2 years. That was after having back surgery 5 times. The last one was not successful.
    Old 01-22-2011, 07:37 AM

God bless!!!!!! i know you are happy~
    Old 01-22-2011, 07:40 AM

My daughter went through this, too. It took over 3 years. What a relief for you.