Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • A great use for clip clothes hangers >
  • A great use for clip clothes hangers

• A great use for clip clothes hangers

Old 01-15-2019, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978
    As I starch my fabrics beforehand I use these hangers to hang up my starched fabrics to dry. I attached a large dowel rod over my sink down here in the basement sewing room just for that purpose. I also use a folding laundry dryer rack to hang a bunch of strips. This is that old time wooden rack with rods going across on both sides. I started using it when I made my 1st and only bargello as there were plenty of space to put each row in order. Now I've got it out to hold various sections of whatever quilt I'm working on. Folds up when not in use.
    This is what I use too. Sometimes things fall off.....
    Old 01-15-2019, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by d.rickman
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]606811[/ATTACH]I used a thick strip of cardboard to attach onto the hangers with their own clips with the clothes hangers, and then put my bargello pieces over the cardboard then used those red and purple clips to hold them onto the cardboard until I get the 2 fabric bargellos completed - Have another red one to cut out and put together, need to have them ready for our local quilt show.....in April 2019 I find these hangers really useful for a lot of things. Now I see there are more ideas on this board, thanks everyone for sharing.[ATTACH=CONFIG]606812[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]606813[/ATTACH]I want to share my find with you as well, I found at a local hardware store - this portable hanger which will fit over any door, in the closed position, easy to remove and store and when you need it just hang it over the top of a door, open it up and the metal bar slides down and you can hang up anything you need to hang, wet or dry.
    Both of these ideas are so clever!
    Old 01-15-2019, 07:22 PM

Thanks for all the ideas! Love that scrappy quilt
    Old 01-16-2019, 01:29 AM

We use these hangars if the top swivels to hang our quilts at our local Fall Quilt show. We hang them on PVC that has been made for our quilt display, so easy to set up and take down our show now. We have been using them for about 3 yrs. we use 4 for most large quilts, no more pins for us.