Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Guild Memberships >
  • Guild Memberships

• Guild Memberships

Old 01-07-2016, 04:25 AM

It warms my heart that they recognized what a valuable asset you are to their group. I am always amazed at the time you put in here on this board. Always helpful and encouraging. I'm so very happy for you!
    Old 01-07-2016, 04:27 AM

What a nice thing to do ( and hear about!) Everyone hears that "no good deed goes unpunished" what a refreshing change to hear that virtue is sometimes recognized as well. Congratulations.
    Old 01-07-2016, 04:35 AM

Jan, I am happy to see that your contribution and participation in this guild has been recognized. I know that your ability to teach, formally and informally is much appreciated-and they have honored you. And, your gifts of fabric and resources in undoubtedly appreciated and must make you feel good to see it well used. I do belong to a guild in my community that is diverse in age and skill level. I do find that it is a challenge to make inroads-it seems to go hand in hand with level of participation of things that go on. They do have quite a schedule of events and outreach. As we begin a new year I hope to set aside a specific time to participate. I did notice last year that special recognition was given to those who were very involved over the years. So, I hope you will enjoy your special recognition and participate as your time and health allow-please know you are appreciated.
    Old 01-07-2016, 04:39 AM

Congratulations! From the sound of things, your lifetime membership is very deserved. Our guild just has a standard membership fee. I sure enjoy going, as I learn so much from the members and our speakers. (Maybe I learn too much, as I go out and buy more fabrics, patterns, and books)!
    Old 01-07-2016, 04:45 AM

What a wonderful tribute to you! I'm sure you have been modest in your involvement with your Guild and nice of them to recognize your contribution and dedication. Thank you for sharing your excitement with us and please check in with us after your Friday attendance.

I just joined my local guild last Spring and I am the youngest member. I live in one of the oldest counties in one of the oldest states (Lincoln County, Maine) and that's all that needs to be said. I'm not sure if there are different levels of membership but it has been nice to see a few new members added in the past couple of months which shows that quilting is still a growing interest.
    Old 01-07-2016, 05:29 AM

Congratulations! What an honor...and they win big too having the benefit of your knowledge and the gracious way you share it. I hope your surgery goes well and you recover quickly so you can enjoy going to the guild again.
    Old 01-07-2016, 05:37 AM

congratulations. very touching just to read this. I just can imagine how proud and touched you are! Bravo.
    Old 01-07-2016, 06:05 AM

Congratulations Jan...............it sounds like it was well deserved. Getting back with people is important, so I'm glad your health problems seem to be resolved or under control. Go and have fun!!! You will be a huge asset to the guild and they were wise in their offering. I still belong to a small guild near my previous residence, 2 hrs. away, in name only, to participate in their trips and retreats. I really like the 60-75 gals, so through the extra offerings, have a chance to catch up occasionally. They do have free membership for those over age 80, if I remember correctly. I haven't joined a local guild in the last 6 yrs. I have lived here. Their show was wonderful though, so have a "date" to get introduced in May. We shall see. I am pretty easy going and friendly, but hate the politics and drama many groups experience. At my age, I won't put up with that to be part of a group.
    Old 01-07-2016, 06:08 AM

I for one really appreciate Jan and the advice she gives on this board but the times I have private messaged her with a question about something I didn't understand, she has always answered me and always very quickly. Thank you, Jan, for being so willing to help a not so accomplished quilter. A very appropriate honor for your willingness to always help.
    Old 01-07-2016, 06:17 AM

Congratulations Jan, a well desevered honor. I belong to a guild that of about 300 members form as far away as Lexington IL and even farther. We have one man in our Guild. We have monthly workshops on Fri. and Sat. following the Guild meetings. Although I have header they are going to scale back on the workshops.