Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Guilt reliever!! >
  • Guilt reliever!!

• Guilt reliever!!

Old 04-18-2008, 03:58 PM

Cathy M....did you use the square box or the long flat one?
    On t square box I used, it says total weight is 20 pounds on it.
    Not sure on the other box.
    Don't know what box your postal person is talking about. But they had 3 of them there. The long one that was about 2-3 inches high, the small square looking one, then another square one that was bigger, but is for APO/FPO shipping. Need to find out the rules on that one. I can get mail thru APO and someone told me that if you mail to APO/FPO its FREE! Hmmmmm.........
    I think it sucks you had to take the ribbon off!!

But I like your table top. Really pretty!
    Old 04-18-2008, 04:12 PM

Lucky for us I snagged a pamphlet and here are the dimensions:
    *flat rate envelope priority mail- 12.5 inches x 9.5 inches all countries besides Mexico and Canada- $11.00 6-10 business days for delivery.
    *flat rate box priority mail- 13.625 inches x 11.875 inches x 3.375 inches all countries besides Mexico and Canada - $37.00 6-10 business days for delivery (this is the one I sent).
    *flat rate box priority mail - 11 inches x 8.5 inches and 5.5 inches all countries besides Mexico and Canada - $37.00 6-10 business days for delivery.
    *NEW large flat rate box priority mail - 12 inches x 12 inches x 5.5 inchex all countries other than Mexico and Canada- $49.00 6-10 business days for delivery.
    * NEW apo/fpo large flat rate box - priority mail- 12 inches x 12 inches x 5.5inches for apo and fpo address $10.95 //can also be shipped to non- apo/fpo addresses within the us for only $12.95.

clear as mud? hahahhaha :):):)
    Old 04-18-2008, 04:13 PM

yeah.... whats the deal with having to take the ribbon off? It was many bright colors and wasn't hurting anything hahahaha...
    Old 04-18-2008, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cathy M
    Lucky for us I snagged a pamphlet and here are the dimensions:
    *flat rate envelope priority mail- 12.5 inches x 9.5 inches all countries besides Mexico and Canada- $11.00 6-10 business days for delivery.
    *flat rate box priority mail- 13.625 inches x 11.875 inches x 3.375 inches all countries besides Mexico and Canada - $37.00 6-10 business days for delivery (this is the one I sent).
    *flat rate box priority mail - 11 inches x 8.5 inches and 5.5 inches all countries besides Mexico and Canada - $37.00 6-10 business days for delivery.
    *NEW large flat rate box priority mail - 12 inches x 12 inches x 5.5 inchex all countries other than Mexico and Canada- $49.00 6-10 business days for delivery.
    * NEW apo/fpo large flat rate box - priority mail- 12 inches x 12 inches x 5.5inches for apo and fpo address $10.95 //can also be shipped to non- apo/fpo addresses within the us for only $12.95.

clear as mud? hahahhaha :):):)
    I need to find that 3d box. Didn't know they had it. I used the 12x12x5.5.
    Was mad that I had it full to the top and it only weight 6.65 pounds! Wanted to take it back and repack to find more room to put more fabric in. But, I'm definitely going to find that $49 box .
    Old 04-18-2008, 07:49 PM

tirnhi I got 8 lbs 8 ozs in mine I packed it really as tight as I could and than pressed it down and the lid together with the help of my husband. We try to get more next time sewbusy
    Old 04-18-2008, 07:51 PM

Thank you Cathy, I guess the clerk was just lazy and did't want to look that up for me.
    Old 04-19-2008, 12:04 AM
    Izy

Good Morning all my quilting buddies!!

The weather is foul, we are literally in the clouds today, it's raining so much!!

BUT HEY!!

I am WARMED to the heart when I catch up with all your chat to each other as you sort out the U.S. mailing system while I have been tucked up getting some 'beauty' sleep - Good on ya gals, way to go!!

Seems that I am picking up more than quilting terms through our exchanges lol!!

Bless you all for your efforts..... :D :D
    Old 04-19-2008, 11:26 AM
    Izy

Tirhni!!

Where are you?? missin you, I have been trying my best to find out abit more information regarding fabric outlets in Hong Kong - NO easy task!!

I have googled craft fabric/craft shops/quilting/ etc., with very little luck, but did find a couple of blogs in which they were asking about fabric outlets etc.

One area being discussed that has a huge fabric market is a place called Sheung Wan, Sham Shui Po and Shanghai they apparently have a great market too!!

I will plod on and try and find out some more info for you, its the least I can do for you, giving some of my time in return for your generosity!!

If you DO google yourself, DO NOT go onto the site needleworkclub.com
    I got a blinking virus which thankfully was picked up by my AVG programme this morning, so be careful!!

Catch you later,

Izy

Old 04-19-2008, 12:15 PM
    Izy

Tirhni - well I broaden my horizons, and learnt a whole lot more about Hong Kong - Oh I wish I was going!! If you like Singapore you are just gonna luuuuuuuvvvvve Hong Kong!!

Here are some websites with lots of good general/shopping information:-

www.placesinfo.com/hongkong_shopping.html
    www.discoverhongkong.com - this is the tourist board site
    www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Hong_Kong

On Wikipedia, if you look on the left, I think the link is 'where to shop' click on there, you will see all the different areas mentioned and what they particularly sell there. It mentions Sheung Wan in the Western District - sounds good fun!!

Am I tempting you to go now?????? :D :D

Old 04-19-2008, 07:30 PM

Ok..I'm going to do a clean-up in my room tomorrow. Can you post the address again so I can just take it from the computer. And please ignore any cat/dog hair..I use it instead of peanuts to cushion the package *said with very dry wit** :D