Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hancocks in Paducah >
  • Hancocks in Paducah

• Hancocks in Paducah

Old 10-04-2010, 06:43 PM

I did get there after afew months after the large AQS and loved it. Got some fantastic deals and plan on going back soon. Go if nothing else to look..gwak at all the wonderful material and patterns.
    Old 10-04-2010, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelady
    Originally Posted by Mimi Baby Yow
    I will flying out to see my son soon in Tenn. Guess what airport I land in?? Paducah! How great is that. I think I will take transportation there and then go to my son's...what do you think???
    A couple of years ago, when I flew to Phoenix to see my folks.. I went to three quilt shops BEFORE heading to my folks house. I had to buy a new suitcase to take all my purchases home!

So I say Fabric first! :lol:
    Where did you shop in Phoenix? I live abt 3 hrs from there and am going down in a couple of weeks? I am aware of some, but kind of a newbie so am curious. (:o)
    Old 10-04-2010, 07:57 PM
    lue

I will NEVER feel guilty about my stash again after seeing your purchase from Hancock's! Way to go!
    Old 10-05-2010, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    What is sad is that I live 45 minutes from Paducah and go there 4 or 5 times a year but I have never been in Hancock's. I have got to make a special trip one of these days and check them out,
    Wow, you are kidding !! I drive 45 min just to get to the other quilt shops around here in Houston
    We make road trips to shops in Austin & San Antonio, 150-200 mi each way
    I guess we Texans just LOVE to drive !
    If I lived near Paducah I think Hancocks would be my 2nd home ! :)
    Old 10-05-2010, 12:40 PM

[quote=lorniki]I have asked for their catalog twice so far and have not received it -- what is the secret?[/quote

So have I and still have not received this catalog. I thought it would be here in October.
    Old 10-05-2010, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by sewTinker
    I've been to hancock's in paducah. My husband drove me there when I was fairly new to quilting, ten years ago. I wandered and picked and chose and tried to make Smart decisions but it was hard to keep my logical self at the ready. My sweetie busied himself with I don't know what. (nor did I care. lol...) After a bit, I realized he was standing next to me. "Hi!" said I. He just smiled and said, "Do you realize we've been in here for four hours?"

Fours Hours??? no. I did not. I was clueless. I felt Drunk. So I let him guide me to the check-out. I had bags of things, even though I felt I was doing my very best to control my urges. We drove home and I believe I had to go to bed. hahaha...

Perhaps an experienced quilter would have been less shocked, less dazzled by what she saw. But as a newbie who needed Everything and who was so unaware of all that was available... my senses were bombarded. The quilty fairies took charge of my brain. And my credit card!

It was a Grand Day.
    What a sweet husband!
    Old 10-05-2010, 04:57 PM

Glad you had a good experience. I hate going to Hancocks in Paducah. Seems I can never find anyone that knows where anything is and if I do find someone not busy, all I get from them is "That's not my dept." Unless you have hours to look at every row, you can't find anything.
    Old 10-05-2010, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mimi Baby Yow
    I will flying out to see my son soon in Tenn. Guess what airport I land in?? Paducah! How great is that. I think I will take transportation there and then go to my son's...what do you think???
    That sounds like a real winner. Where in Tenn. does your son live that you have to land in Paducah, near the Ky. Tenn line? It would be nice however to stop at Hancocks and take a long look around.Go for it Mimi and let us see what you get.
    Old 10-05-2010, 07:20 PM

If you go to Paducah, be sure to leave time for the National Quilt Museum! It's a wonderful experience. I've only gone once but loved it...they change out exhibits and I want to go again.
    Old 10-05-2010, 07:23 PM
    np3
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    What is sad is that I live 45 minutes from Paducah and go there 4 or 5 times a year but I have never been in Hancock's. I have got to make a special trip one of these days and check them out,
    I would be in that store every month!!! How do you stay away?