Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hand Lotion >
  • Hand Lotion

• Hand Lotion

Old 10-14-2010, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by cshoughton
    I love the Camille Beckman creams. They have lanolin in them and the most wonderful smells. I especially love Pink Grapefruit, Gardenia and Orange Cream. They absorb right in and do not remain greasey. I used this when I worked in the flower shop and my hands would split open from working with the flowers. Just great.
    Their warehouse/showroom is in the next town over from us, Eagle. I believe they manufacture there also, but not 100% sure on this.
    Old 10-14-2010, 04:33 PM

I also use Neutrogena hand cream. My hands are in water all the time as I am a hair dresser and they get very dry because of all the chemicals I use. This is the only hand cream that really works. and does't stay on top of your hands so you can handle your quilts and not worry.
    Old 10-14-2010, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by flikkem
    Udder cream - will not leave any residue on fabrics at all. I found mine at Wal Mart but had to ask a clerk where to find it.
    my husband uses this for his soriasis
    Old 10-14-2010, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by kellen46
    Originally Posted by amma
    When my hands get dry, I use bag balm at night and gloves... then I don't usually have the need for lotion during the day :D:D:D
    I have really dry skin as well and the bag balm does the trick, also good for dry hair, rub a little into the ends the night before a shampoo and it makes it more tangle free and less frizzy.
    Never heard of bag balm.
    Old 10-14-2010, 05:16 PM

I have very dry hands, my sweet mother passed 2 years ago - her whole body was dry (she wouldn't drink water!), so we've tried a lot of things:
    a little Vaseline on moist hands, rubs in well;
    if I'm doing gloves over night I use the disposable latex gloves used for painting, etc;
    Surgeon's Secret is wonderful;
    one of my all time favorites is from the crazy lady Joan Rivers - her Absolutely Magic hand cream - it's the best! Her Absolutely Magic foot cream is too but I can't find it anywhere any more! The foot cream has dimethicone in it, so if you find hand cream with that as an ingredient, should be very healing.
    Old 10-14-2010, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
    Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    Here is a great hand body lotion to make. I make up a big batch every Christmas for guild members. I buy pretty little tins/jars and everyone loves it. I use it at night and my skin is never dry, not even my feet.

All ingredients are Dollar Store General Brand. You may find the vitamin E cream and Vaseline in smaller jars but use 16oz each.
    The clean up is quick and not messy.

Bottle of Baby Lotion (16 ounces)
    Jar of Vitamin E Cream (16 ounces)
    Jar of Vaseline (16 ounces)

Mix all together with mixer until light and creamy and put in containers.
    That is just like my recipe only I use 2 baby lotion, 2 Vitamin e cream and 1 vaseline. My husband even likes this lotion.
    About what size jars or tins do you put this in and about how many does it make?
    Old 10-14-2010, 05:23 PM

I really like silicone glove from avon. Especially when my hands
    get really chapped and sore.
    Old 10-14-2010, 05:33 PM
    tmw

Originally Posted by amma
    When my hands get dry, I use bag balm at night and gloves... then I don't usually have the need for lotion during the day :D:D:D
    i didn't think anybody else knew about bag balm, you do mean the brown sticky stuff in the green square tin, right? i love this stuff, its good on paper cuts and dry lips too, i take it with me when we go anywhere, i just put a little bit in a small comectic [sp] jar, but in some stores you have to ask for it at the pharmary counter, and some don't know what your talking about.i'm almost out!!!!!!!!!
    Old 10-14-2010, 05:37 PM

I like a bottle of pink baby lotion (16 oz), an 8 oz jar of Vitamin E cream and a large bottle of Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion. Stir it all together and it is kind of a disappearing lotion, no greasiness and it smells great. Keep your Vitamin E cream jar and your bottles from the lotions to put it back in unless you have some other handier containers.
    Old 10-14-2010, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by flybreit
    I have very dry hands, my sweet mother passed 2 years ago - her whole body was dry (she wouldn't drink water!), so we've tried a lot of things:
    a little Vaseline on moist hands, rubs in well;
    if I'm doing gloves over night I use the disposable latex gloves used for painting, etc;
    Surgeon's Secret is wonderful;
    one of my all time favorites is from the crazy lady Joan Rivers - her Absolutely Magic hand cream - it's the best! Her Absolutely Magic foot cream is too but I can't find it anywhere any more! The foot cream has dimethicone in it, so if you find hand cream with that as an ingredient, should be very healing.
    QVC carries it, 38.50 +5.47 shipping