Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hand quilting... >
  • Hand quilting...

• Hand quilting...

Old 06-23-2010, 10:05 AM

Im going to start hollering at the newspaper co....not getting their flyer!! In the past 2 months, i think i gotten one flyer.
    Have you heard the expression about "give me Choc & I'll let you live" ?? Well how about "give me my sales flyer........."
    LOL...
    Old 06-23-2010, 10:42 AM

I first want to put out this link.. it is for the Joann coupon via email... it is a sign up for recieving it..

http://www.momsview.com/joann.shtml

At the moment online Joanns has ott lights on sale...

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/c...196&PID=580516
    Old 06-23-2010, 10:44 AM

Now, that done :) I want to thank everyone for all the information on hand quilting needs and techniques. I look forward to trying my "hand" at hand quilting soon. Again thank you for all the tips.

Sharon
    Old 06-24-2010, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Borntohandquilt
    Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    Andrea from Germany, screen name Borntohandquilt I have seen her post that she doesn't use a thimble either.
    Yes, you are absolutely right, I can't quilt with a thimble and I don't use any tool for the left hand that guides the needle under the quilt. And my fingers are not sore!

:thumbup:

I think it's a question of how you guide the needle. I don't have to push it so much because I only do single stitches and it's easier to grab the needle.
    See I try and do 3-4 stitches on the needle. No wonder!! Next time I'll try doing 1-2 stitches and see if it still has the same effect on my nail. :thumbup:
    Old 06-24-2010, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by nwm50
    Feline Fan....thanks for the info on online @ joanne, didn't think about that. I can hardly ever get the coupon either! I have sent email address but yet to date ..rec'd nothing. Probably takes some time. SIGH....still waiting & looking for deals.
    I haven't received any e-mails in a bit from them, but there's going to be a sale 7/4 weekend as I got a flyer at the store.
    Old 06-24-2010, 02:12 AM

I love a large eye 10 between, single thread, hoop, and i'm a staber.
    Old 06-24-2010, 06:47 AM

How interesting!! I haven't been able to hand quilt because I cannot get my stitches the same size and it frustrates me. I am going to try it again, doing single stitches. Now, are you calling a single stitch, going down and back up in the same movement? Or, is it like counted cross stitch where you do it in separate movements? Going down, pulling thread to the back. Then, coming back up in a separate movement?

I sure hope you can interpret my question. Thanks in advance!!

Glenda
    Old 06-24-2010, 07:14 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Gkfurrow
    How interesting!! I haven't been able to hand quilt because I cannot get my stitches the same size and it frustrates me. I am going to try it again, doing single stitches. Now, are you calling a single stitch, going down and back up in the same movement? Or, is it like counted cross stitch where you do it in separate movements? Going down, pulling thread to the back. Then, coming back up in a separate movement?

I sure hope you can interpret my question. Thanks in advance!!

Glenda
    You can do it either way. The cross stitch like movement is commonly referred to as stab stitch in quilting. BTW the quilt in your avatar is GORGEOUS!!
    Old 06-24-2010, 07:31 AM

Cathie_R, what is a Clover needle threader and how can any threader help with those tiny eyes on the between quilting needles? Anxious to know, as my 53 yr. old daughter is tired threading needles for me :oops: Thanks
    Old 06-24-2010, 07:53 AM

[/quote]You can do it either way. The cross stitch like movement is commonly referred to as stab stitch in quilting. BTW the quilt in your avatar is GORGEOUS!![/quote]

I wish I could take credit for the quilt I am using for my avatar, but I can't. I am always surfing around to find beautiful quilts and ran across this one. I thought it was absolutely beautiful, so I saved it!!

I am anxious to try the "stab" stitch. I had completely given up trying to hand quilt, but now I'll have to recover all my hand quilting stuff (it's all stored away in the closet), and give this a try. Thank you so much for answering my post. I'll sure let everyone know if I am successful!!

Thanks again!!