Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Handle for ruler >
  • Handle for ruler

• Handle for ruler

Old 11-23-2013, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I bought it for the safety factor and then bought two more because until you use one you won't know how great it holds the ruler to the fabric. It doesn't interfere with the ruler at all. I hope you never experience a bad rotary cut but when you do remember the Slidelock probably could have prevented it.
    Oh I'm sure I'll get one. lol. I'm a sucker for gadgets and if everyone else has it, I want it too. I just hate the thought of having to use two different big pieces of plastic for every cut. And I often need to use two rulers side by side for the bigger cuts so then what. Place one, place the 2nd one next to it, and then place the slidelock next to that, trying to hold it all steady? have you tried it using multiple rulers for wider cuts?
    Old 11-23-2013, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by solstice3
    I bought one at Walgreens not advertised for quilting but it works great for $10!! I think it is intended as a handle for getting out of the shower
    I have one of those. I bought it from Amazon back when they had the Amazon Mom Prime promo and you had to buy xx amount of baby items every month to keep the free prime. This was a baby item, strangely enough. It came in handy when my daughter broke her arm and needed something to steady herself in the shower (she was super nervous about even moving) and when I hurt my back and needed support in the shower. In fact...it's still in the shower and I'm using my hand again on my rulers.