Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Be Happy you have a good stash. >
  • Be Happy you have a good stash.

• Be Happy you have a good stash.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:30 PM

I just recently built my stash up so most of my fabric is still “in style”. I started out buying fabric that I liked in random cuts and quantity (I love precuts) but then figured out it was better to plan a project and buy the specific pieces for it. Now.... I’m not sure which is better but I have some projects ready to go and some fabrics that still need ideas to see them through. We will see I spose. I’m grateful that I have a stash though, I can’t imagine what it’s going to be like if fabrics go up 25%....
    Old 09-25-2018, 01:24 PM

I am a slow quilter it seems and I have several projects in the works but if anyone's stash is getting low, some one suggested the idea of working on a complicated quilt that would take a long time to finish. It made a lot of sense to me but I do have a fair amount of stash before I will have to think about doing that.
    Old 09-25-2018, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches
    Its such a trickle down thing. I have a large stash and didn't really appreciate it that much until this past winter. With all the rising prices of fabrics in the past and future, have a new mind set of using it up, making do/substituting, gifting or trading with others. Do feel bad for the small brick and mortar stores trying to keep their heads above water. At $15 or more per yard currently, I'd have to find a new pastime.
    In Canada, we pay on average $15 to $25! And if we buy online from US, our purchase power with Canadian is only 80% of your US dollar, so we pay $1.20 for each dollar of price, plus shipping, plus brokerage fees to get it over border.