Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Has anyone used Moda Whitewashed Cottage layer cake . Need pattern suggestions >
  • Has anyone used Moda Whitewashed Cottage layer cake . Need pattern suggestions

• Has anyone used Moda Whitewashed Cottage layer cake . Need pattern suggestions

Old 07-15-2015, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Feathers-N-Fur
    I plan to use mine for Quatrfoil. MSQC has a tutorial. I have all my other fabrics but haven't started yet.
    I loked up that video.Very pretty but a lot of cutting .With my neuropathy I try to limit that so will likely will go w/something more simple.
    Old 07-15-2015, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by soccertxi
    Missouri Star has a churn dash pattern that uses 2 layer cakes...the patterns and a solid.
    Very nice block . Will catalog that one. I do quite like a block called "Mothers Dream ". I think w/pretty prints and white background it would look simple and not too busy.
    Old 07-16-2015, 09:20 PM

The pattern is very simple for those quilts. A nine patch and a snowball block. Don't look carefully at the teal/rose one (the teal fabric was from the church stash- no newer than the 90s, for sure.) It was my first experience with snowballed corners and I didn't realize that they needed to be exact. Luckily, we learn by our errors and the red one is better. The 9 patches can be done by strip quilting as it is a repeating pattern.