Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Has this ever happened to you? >
  • Has this ever happened to you?

• Has this ever happened to you?

Old 09-21-2007, 08:21 AM

I'm sewing one evening, everything goes fine, I turn in for the night. Next evening, I go to sew and my thread breaks, I re-thread, start sewing. Tension starts messing up. I mess with it alittle bit but not to much since it's computerized, I don't want to jack it up! I re-thread my bobbin, still have a tension problem, starting to pull my fabric into the little hole there. Grrrr! I put in a new needle, you know, just in case. Doesn't work! Grrrr! I completely re-thread my machine! Still won't work!!!! At this point.......I just walk away! My heart sinks! I'm thinking ok now, in the last 6 weeks my central air conditioning has broken, then my water heater broke (after leaking out all over the floor) and then a part in my well went out, hence...no water! And now.......to top it all off......my machine, my baby, my everything turns it's back on me also!!!!!! Next day.....go back in, sit down, look at machine........a bright light from heaven shines down on one very small area of my machine, I feel so, so, so stupid!!!!!!! all this time, after all these years........I was forgetting to place my thread thru a thread holder right above the needle!!!!!! Grrrrr!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: but while in the mids't of kicking myself in the $%$, I realized, hey! at least it isn't broke, it isn't going to cost me money.....my machine does love me!!!!! :mrgreen:
    Old 09-21-2007, 08:27 AM

Sometimes the stress just gets to us! Keep it on the positive...maybe an angel of the Lord was blinding you to the truth because He knew you'd really mess up your beautiful project if you sat at it that day! Who knows, right?
    Glad it wasn't a big thing and really, really glad it happens to other people and not just me. A confirmation that I'm not losing my mind!
    Shelly
    Old 09-21-2007, 08:40 AM

yep...sounds like what happened to me a couple weeks ago...the machine was sewing fine one day and not the next! Made me think little elves woke up in the night and messed with it! LOL I rethreaded mine a dozen times to make sure I wasn't doing it wrong cuz thats what it acted like...oh well, it is still on the shelf waiting for a trip to the shop. Nothing I've tried has worked...glad you got yours working again! :-) Wish I could say the same! :(
    Old 09-21-2007, 09:10 AM

glad i'm not the only one who has gremlins ;)
    sometimes if i just give it a good cleaning. i think link really does a number on these fancy high tech machines.
    Old 09-21-2007, 09:11 AM

of course i meant lint. (see my computer has gremlins too.)
    Old 09-21-2007, 09:32 AM

Glad it wasn't serious. But I have done things like that also. One time I know mine would't sew I thought I had checked everything too. Here some of the feet for the machine are stored up top by the thread, Here it was caught on one of the feed. :roll: :roll: :roll:

We always seem to think the worst when it comes to our baby!! :mrgreen:
    Old 09-21-2007, 10:04 AM
    bj

I fussed with an uncooperative machine for hours one night and then tried putting the bobbin in where the thread came off the other direction. No more problems. I'd been using the machine for 3 years, and I guess I'd just luckily put the bobbin in right every time. I felt like a nitwit.
    Old 09-21-2007, 08:26 PM

It seems like this always happens to me when I'm frustrated or in a bad mood. When I am in these moods, sewing relaxes me but it seems it is easy for my machine to mess up, usually it is just me creating the problem. So, I don't make anything for my customers when I am in a down mood. You should read Buttercreamcakeartists post about her machine and feed dog problem...lol. She has had endless problems..when one thing started tearing up then everything did.