Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Has there ever been a quilt that you loathe >
  • Has there ever been a quilt that you loathe

• Has there ever been a quilt that you loathe

Old 03-05-2015, 03:55 AM

I have a couple that I ended up hating.

#1 - A quilt I'd planned to make as a wedding gift for a relative, in her wedding colors. The fabric was expensive, and I'm sorry to say that her color combination (celery green and silver) was just icky to me. It's a long story (too much to go into), but she managed to prove herself as being "not quilt worthy" before the quilt was finished. I ended up giving her something else, and tossed the STILL-unfinished quilt into my UFO pile, where it's been for probably 3 years now.

#2 - A totally scrappy lap quilt that I threw together. I normally like scrappies, but this one is ALL OVER THE PLACE. It's got everything from elegant roses to Spiderman to "dated" 80's fabrics, and there is no actual pattern to it ... just rows of random blocks sewn together. I didn't even make the blocks the same sizes, so nothing lines up. I stuck a price tag on it and took it to some craft fairs along with my regular quilts, and interestingly, it gets a lot of attention. It still hasn't sold, though.
    Old 03-05-2015, 03:58 AM

Oh! I thought of one more. It was a panel with a castle on it. The panel itself was pretty, but if you looked at it closely, one of the castle towers looked like a ... (ahem!) ... "male appendage"! Unfortunately I didn't notice the resemblance until after I'd finished the quilt. Edit: The panel is called Avlyn Goose Girl Castle. Go look it up on eBay if you want to see a photo! LOL!

Last edited by moonrise; 03-05-2015 at 04:02 AM.
    Old 03-06-2015, 05:37 AM

I had one. It was a BOM & I hated the modern designs, but I finished it because I was learning lots of techniques that were new to me. Just as I was going to have a quilt top bonfire with it, my granddaughter told me she loved it, so of course I toughed it out 'til the end because I love her dearly!! Thankfully, I never have to see it again!!! :-)