Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Have you used the >
  • Have you used the

• Have you used the

Old 12-23-2010, 04:00 PM

Have you used the three quarter round fabric holders that look a bit like part of an embroidery hoop. They supposedly grip and move the fabric sandwich easier while you machine quilt. Do you like yours?
    Old 12-23-2010, 04:34 PM

I have them, the ones that don't close completely...don't like them, don't seem to hold the quilt. I see they now have types that clamp shut I'll buy those next time I see them.
    Old 12-23-2010, 05:24 PM

Well I love mine. If you are talking about the fabric grippers that are made by the same people who make the gypsy gripper. So it is really an individual taste I guess.
    Old 12-23-2010, 09:19 PM

I gave mine away to a friend who really wanted to try them. Haven't heard how she likes them, obviously, I didn't.
    Old 12-24-2010, 09:37 AM

Have one, tried it but it just gets in the way, very awkward. Used gloves for a long time until I learned about using glycerin. It just takes a drop or two to give your hands the right amount of tackiness and washes off with soap & water. You can leave it on your hands if you want because it's good for your skin (don't bite your nails-doesn't taste good). Haven't used gloves since. $4 bottle will last three life times.
    Old 12-24-2010, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Delilah
    Have one, tried it but it just gets in the way, very awkward. Used gloves for a long time until I learned about using glycerin. It just takes a drop or two to give your hands the right amount of tackiness and washes off with soap & water. You can leave it on your hands if you want because it's good for your skin (don't bite your nails-doesn't taste good). Haven't used gloves since. $4 bottle will last three life times.
    I have one, don't like it. It gets in my way. I love machinger gloves but, I am going to give the glycerin a try. I think if it works that well for me, it will be my preference. Really don't like wearing gloves that well.
    Old 12-24-2010, 10:22 AM

[/quote]I have one, don't like it. It gets in my way. I love machinger gloves but, I am going to give the glycerin a try. I think if it works that well for me, it will be my preference. Really don't like wearing gloves that well.[/quote]

Let us know when you try the glycerin. I haven't put on gloves since trying the glycerin 60-70 quilts ago.
    Old 12-24-2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight
    I have one, don't like it. It gets in my way. I love machinger gloves but, I am going to give the glycerin a try. I think if it works that well for me, it will be my preference. Really don't like wearing gloves that well.
    Hi Featherweight Beth. Let me try this again. I messed up your quote. Anyway, let us know how you like the glycerin. All my "quilty" friends love the stuff.
    Old 12-24-2010, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Delilah
    Originally Posted by featherweight
    Hi Featherweight Beth. Let me try this again. I messed up your quote. Anyway, let us know how you like the glycerin. All my "quilty" friends love the stuff.
    I sure will. I have a small quilt that needs quilted now. If I can find he time, maybe next week. I think I even have some in the cabinet in my sewing room.