Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Heat erasable pens >
  • Heat erasable pens

• Heat erasable pens

Old 06-11-2024, 07:12 AM

I use the madam sew pens, I am quite sure it’s the same as frixion ones. I don’t iron to disappear the lines. I ALWAYS wash my quilted items when finished quilting and binding because I spray baste. I also put in the dryer for the crinkles. I’ve tested the cold/reappearing thing with putting quilts outside when it’s freezing and putting smaller items in the freezer. So far I haven’t had any issues. Also I don’t pre wash. I iron while I piece, but never after quilting. Hope this helped a someone.
    Denise
    Old 06-11-2024, 11:12 AM
    Power Poster

I looked at a quilt I made about ten years go and used Frixon to mark the quilting lines. Not one problem I could see. No lines, no damage, nothing. It had been washed a few times before putting away folded in the closet. Big to do about nothing as far as I am concerned about Frixon pens use or not use.

Last edited by Onebyone; 06-11-2024 at 11:16 AM.
    Old 06-11-2024, 12:00 PM

I just used the Crayola Ultra Clean washable makers for making a grid for Sashiko stitching. Every color washed out fine but the brown and orange. The grey was the best. If you go this route, test on your fabric first.