Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Height of your cutting table? >
  • Height of your cutting table?

• Height of your cutting table?

Old 08-12-2010, 05:14 PM
    Dee

I don't know the measurements of my table. But mine is right as I'm 5'6" 1/2. Bought the craft table from Jo Annes. It has the grids and ruler on top. Three drawers and a cupboard. It can be broken down or has 2 extension to enlarge cutting table, Love the darn thing. Only paid $199.00 for it on sale.
    Old 08-12-2010, 05:40 PM

I'm 5'9" and my old church banquet table is on PVC posts.

It stands 35" tall and is 7" below my arm with bent elbow.

I have multiple herniated disks in low back and this is the most comfortable height for me.

I just purchased the end caps to put on the leags so they don't have to sit in theses little plastic thingy's anymore.

Banquet table with PVC raisers
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]96302[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-96297.jpe  
    Old 08-12-2010, 08:34 PM

Mine is 34", one I bought at Joann's 7 or 8 years ago...I'm 5'3", and it is just right for me. They still sell them at Joann's, usually on sale for $69.95. It has two drop leaves, but I only have one extended, it's all I need. It would be alot better than your kitchen or dining room table, for even someone taller, I think.

Sue
    Old 08-12-2010, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by suesews
    Mine is 34", one I bought at Joann's 7 or 8 years ago...I'm 5'3", and it is just right for me. They still sell them at Joann's, usually on sale for $69.95. It has two drop leaves, but I only have one extended, it's all I need. It would be alot better than your kitchen or dining room table, for even someone taller, I think.

Sue
    Ditto for me - I'm 5' 4" and it is perfect for me
    Old 08-13-2010, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by suesews

Sue
    I have this one too. Bought it about 4 years ago The height is fine for me I'm 5'5" The only thing is it's falling apart. I have to move it a lot and fold and unfold it. It looks like the leaning tower of piza right now. I cannot open it all the way or it sways like a hurricane is blowing. The top has also come loose. I want another cutting table but don't want to spend money on this one again to have the same thing happen. But I sure can't afford anything else I have seen. I have to have one that folds up and rolls like this one.
    Don't have a SO to make one and not healthy enough to make one myself. Just really annoying this getting old stuff. :-)
    Old 08-13-2010, 12:47 PM

We're in the process of doing my sewing room and I opted to do without a cutting table because I have a kitchen counter, 35 1/2 " high, that works just fine. The way the whole thing is set up, I have a counter 41" by 44" accessible on 3 sides.
    I'm 5' 4" I usually cut there barefoot or in super low shoes
    Old 08-13-2010, 12:58 PM

my cutting table is 35 inchs tall, but has adjustable legs. it is the butcher block table I had in my cafe, with a shelf under, and I added a drawer for rottery cutters and odd templets. I can use it in my studio or in my kitchen, so it is a keeper.
    Old 08-13-2010, 07:27 PM

Thank you WVDEK you have given me a quick solution to raise my old metal legged kitchen table to a height that will suit my. Having oesteo-arthtrits in my lower back. working on the table cutting fabric my back and shoulders can get very stiff and sore .
    Old 08-15-2010, 02:04 PM
    lgc

If I remember correctly, your cutting surface should be about six inches below your bent elbow. Of course if several people use the table it won't be correct for everyone. Good luck.
    Old 08-25-2010, 08:13 AM

If you are using banquet tables that are too short for cutting and it/they have the curved leg at the bottom, I have purchased 1.5"(interior)diameter PVC pipe at the hardware store and cut them to size with a hand or electric saw. Slip them on the legs and it is very stable. I have them for when I go to my church to use their tables (and space) to sandwich quilts. I am 5'6" tall and cut the pieces 12" long.