Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hello again!  Looking for ideas. >
  • Hello again! Looking for ideas.

• Hello again! Looking for ideas.

Old 09-25-2020, 05:17 AM

Smile Hello again! Looking for ideas.

Hello everyone!

I have not been on here for a few years. The drama was getting to me. Glad I found you all again! I met my bestie Marilyn on here 10 years ago in November. I have been quilting a lot in these 10 years since I found this group. I have learned so much from everyone. I was able to finish 12 quilts last year. I have a blog at [email protected]. Please visit. I am looking forward to getting some more inspiration from all of you. I have hit a wall lately with my sewing and need to find some motivation. What kinds of gifts are you making for your coworkers this year? I have done everything I can think of. Towels, dishcloths, rope bowls, rice bags, pot holders, mug rugs. Looking for ideas.

Thanks for your help!
    Amy
    Old 09-25-2020, 05:32 AM
    Power Poster

Because I am old(er) - I have gotten to the point where "stuff/things" are sometimes more of a burden than a blessing !

I do, however, love to get acknowledgements - a note saying "this was something that you did that I really appreciated" - or "I love the way you smile" - or "You really make great chili" - things like that are way more valuable to me than "stuff/things" now.

Plus they take little in the way of materials/supplies to deliver.

If these things are for co-workers this year - maybe personalized face masks? (Who knows if they will be needed/mandatory by the middle of December 2020?)

Old 09-25-2020, 05:43 AM

Good ideas! Thank you!! Hope you are well.
    Old 09-25-2020, 06:55 AM

Hi Amy from your friend Lori! I didn’t know you had a blog! I’m going to check it out. I found a cute idea on Pinterest where you make a fabric using some selvages. It was pretty easy. The people I gave them too liked them. Anyway, welcome back!
    Old 09-25-2020, 07:07 AM

Hi Lori!!
    Great to see you on here still. Can't wait to see what you have been making! Where in Wi are you?
    Old 09-25-2020, 07:18 AM

Welcome back to the board from Texas! I'm like you....made about everything I could think of for co-workers in my office for Christmas gifts. One year I made these quilted scarfs that everyone really seemed to enjoy. I used the little beaded fringe to give them a bit of pizazz. I've made them without the fringe also. I tried to go to your blog link but it took me to email. Is there a link that goes directly to your blog? Hope you find encouragement & help here.
    Attached Thumbnails 2013-scarf-004.jpg  
    Old 09-25-2020, 07:23 AM

Hello

thanks for the idea! Looks like it should read http://theturquoisebutton.blogspot.com/
    Old 09-25-2020, 07:24 AM

[QUOTE=amy WI;8420328]Hello everyone!

I have not been on here for a few years. The drama was getting to me. Glad I found you all again! I met my bestie Marilyn on here 10 years ago in November. I have been quilting a lot in these 10 years since I found this group. I have learned so much from everyone. I was able to finish 12 quilts last year. I have a blog at Theturquoisebutton.blogspot.com. Please visit. I am looking forward to getting some more inspiration from all of you. I have hit a wall lately with my sewing and need to find some motivation. What kinds of gifts are you making for your coworkers this year? I have done everything I can think of. Towels, dishcloths, rope bowls, rice bags, pot holders, mug rugs. Looking for ideas.

Thanks for your help!
    Amy Sew Quilt Sew
    Old 09-25-2020, 09:03 AM

How about making some aprons. I am making some for granddaughter who likes to bake and cook and I am making some aprons for neighbors. I also am going to make cloth shopping bags. I really enjoy making things for neighbors cause I have run out of cookie recipes.
    Old 09-25-2020, 10:52 AM

Thanks Jordan. I think shopping bags are on my list. All of the stores are going to that so it may be time.