Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Help.... bobbin thread messed up >
  • Help.... bobbin thread messed up

• Help.... bobbin thread messed up

Old 02-25-2015, 05:21 PM

tried everything.... does it when I am fmq and just straight sewing.... I can pull the bobbin thread right out... ugh... guess I will take my quilt apart tonight and the machine in to the doctor tomorrow.... Thank you so much for all your suggestions..... You gals and guys are wonderful....
    Old 02-25-2015, 08:59 PM

Usually, when this happens, someone has knocked the upper tension dial to 1 or 0. Or the presser foot wasn't up when you threaded, and the thread couldn't get into the tension disks. Or there's something caught in the upper tension disks.

Good Luck!
    Old 02-26-2015, 04:27 AM
    Power Poster

If you just had it in for servicing, I would call the technician and see what they want you to do. The last time I had my Bernina 1530 in for servicing, the technician left it accidentally in service mode. YIKES !!
    Old 02-26-2015, 05:07 AM
    Power Poster

Normally, if there is a problem on the back, it's the top tension, not the bobbin. The top tension is so loose that it doesn't grab the bobbin thread. First, clean everything really well, paying special attention to the tension discs. You can use a piece of strong thread to floss between them. Get your manual out and carefully rethread. Make sure that your presser foot is down and try turning up the upper tension
    Old 02-26-2015, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine
    Usually, when this happens, someone has knocked the upper tension dial to 1 or 0. Or the presser foot wasn't up when you threaded, and the thread couldn't get into the tension disks. Or there's something caught in the upper tension disks.

Good Luck!
    Dear Quilted.... well, I took a heavy piece of card stock and ran it through the upper tensions and sprayed some air there too. I hadn't done that, I guess.... Wha la.... I think it is ok.... I can't believe it.... I had tried everything, I thought...... It worked on my sample.... I will sew with it today and see how it does... Thank you thank you thank you all you ladies... My service man said I could come in Sat. and he would look at it... so I still have that option. You are all wonderful.