Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • help with deciding what machine to buy.. >
  • help with deciding what machine to buy..

• help with deciding what machine to buy..

Old 02-10-2015, 07:02 PM

I would love to get a Ruby or Diamond but they cost so much, i'm sure they are great machine but wow like 6000.00 ..That is way out of my price range..I have to stay in the 2000.00 range.

I did a goggly search and went to reviews of the Designer SE and there were some really bad ones and not to many good ones, that's why I decided to ask here on the forum how different folks like there Designer SE...I really don't know what to do, but will go back on Wed to look and try the machine out.. Thanks ladies
    Old 02-11-2015, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by quiltlady1941
    I would love to get a Ruby or Diamond but they cost so much, i'm sure they are great machine but wow like 6000.00 ..That is way out of my price range..I have to stay in the 2000.00 range.

I did a goggly search and went to reviews of the Designer SE and there were some really bad ones and not to many good ones, that's why I decided to ask here on the forum how different folks like there Designer SE...I really don't know what to do, but will go back on Wed to look and try the machine out.. Thanks ladies
    You need to shop around. I bought mine, slightly used, less than 7 hrs, over 4 yrs ago for 4500 with warranty, everything. they have a Ruby Deluxe that is more but you should be able to get the regular ruby cheaper now. I go to Bella Fabrics in Suffolk Va, they have a web site and show new and used machines along with prices, check and see if they have any. I'm at work and we are limited where we can go on the internet. I know that one lady from the mid west ordered a machine from them because even with shipping it was cheaper. They have all thier used machines serviced before selling. I didn't even pay 6 for my Diamond Deluxe, I got it after Vikings convention and it was set up in case it was needed for a demo so was listed as slightly used, I got full warranty, luggage the works with it. There are lots of options. I'm not sure if the Designer SE does the usb or not. If you go to Viking's web site there is a link, not sure where now but you can compare features of the different machines to each other. Good luck.
    Old 02-16-2015, 06:06 PM

Just wondering if you went with the designer SE? Did you test drive it li you thought you would?