Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Help with featherweight table >
  • Help with featherweight table

• Help with featherweight table

Old 03-20-2011, 11:31 AM
    Power Poster

I bought a featherweight with its table about 2 years ago. The previous owner had attempted to refinish the table's top, but didn't realize it was veneer, so he sanded it with a power sander and ruined it completely. I just had the veneer replaced and want to start using the table, but there's another problem. The insert (which comes out when the machine is in place) is missing some of the hardware, and I'm not sure how it should work, so do not know what kind of replacement hardware to get. These are some pictures of the under side of the table. There is a clip on one end of the insert that is attached by only one screw, but looks like it has had two screws in the past. That part clips onto the metal under the table top. The clips (or whatever) on the other end of the table are missing. Does anyone have one of these tables? Could you send me a picture of what should be there to support the insert when it's in the table? Or is there a place to order the missing hardware? TIA
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-172461.jpe   attachment-172462.jpe   attachment-172463.jpe  
    Old 03-20-2011, 12:37 PM

Hi All, I haven't posted here in awhile--been busy sewing!! Here is a photo of my last aquisition--a 99K born in 1954--she needs some cleaning up and some adjusting but she runs fine otherwise.
    Old 03-20-2011, 02:33 PM

Hope this helps.

Melinda

Originally Posted by dunster
    I bought a featherweight with its table about 2 years ago. The previous owner had attempted to refinish the table's top, but didn't realize it was veneer, so he sanded it with a power sander and ruined it completely. I just had the veneer replaced and want to start using the table, but there's another problem. The insert (which comes out when the machine is in place) is missing some of the hardware, and I'm not sure how it should work, so do not know what kind of replacement hardware to get. These are some pictures of the under side of the table. There is a clip on one end of the insert that is attached by only one screw, but looks like it has had two screws in the past. That part clips onto the metal under the table top. The clips (or whatever) on the other end of the table are missing. Does anyone have one of these tables? Could you send me a picture of what should be there to support the insert when it's in the table? Or is there a place to order the missing hardware? TIA
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-172561.jpe   attachment-172562.jpe   attachment-172563.jpe   attachment-172573.jpe   attachment-172574.jpe  

Old 03-20-2011, 02:56 PM
    Power Poster

Thank you so much! Those pictures are perfect.
    Old 03-20-2011, 03:01 PM

You are so welcome. Sorry it took me a minute to answer; wasn't ignoring you. Had to get hubby off to work and resize pics on computer.

Melinda