Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Help! How do you handle someone at classes and meetings >
  • Help! How do you handle someone at classes and meetings

• Help! How do you handle someone at classes and meetings

Old 10-09-2018, 04:21 PM

Just a suggestion -- careful what names you use -- one of the posts actually contains the handle/name of a member of this forum --

Last edited by Jeanette Frantz; 10-09-2018 at 04:21 PM. Reason: additional
    Old 10-09-2018, 06:32 PM

Well, you may be right about the helpless thing, but I know people who are just obsessive talkers. Or is that compulsive talkers. It is truly difficult for them to be quiet. They are usually good people, but cannot be quiet. It must be hard to live that way.
    Old 10-10-2018, 02:36 AM

When I was new to my group, I knew nothing about quilt sewing techniques. I soon realized I was asking too many questions of the person next to me. So I made a plan for myself and stopped trying to do the same projects as the group. I picked basic projects to learn techniques. Now years later I still follow this plan. I do projects that help me grow. When someone asks for my help, I can smile and say, "I'm sorry I am not working on that project at this time, I am working on something else." I plan my own projects that push me to learn new techniques or skills. I am always looking for new projects to push me out of my comfort zone. That is what I like about this board. There are so many here doing different projects that I am frequently ahead of the trends and get my own ideas about doing projects. Quilting has helped me find my creative self. I am so happy I found all of you. Thanks for being here.
    Old 10-10-2018, 02:50 AM

LOL, my shirt says I quilt so I don't choke people. Oh the looks one gets!! I actually bought it because of my boss.

Originally Posted by auntnana
    I have a mean streak so I wear my shirt to class that says "I quilt because punching people is frowned upon". I am usually left alone and not distracted by anyone wanting to chit-chat. Of course that mean streak has also led me to say to the instructor "I'm sorry can you repeat that? I could hear over the other talking" and shoot a look at the offender. But that was only in one instance when EVERYONE was irritated by the one wanting special attention. I actually had 2 people thank me after class for shushing her. Sorry but if I can find the time from a full time job and farm chores, pay my hard earned money to take a class, and you're going to be rude and inconsiderate, I am going to call you out on it. In a polite way, that is.

Last edited by goldsberry921; 10-10-2018 at 02:56 AM.