Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Help with ideas for special baby >
  • Help with ideas for special baby

• Help with ideas for special baby

Old 09-09-2011, 01:48 PM

You might try a simple embroidered cross on a christening napkin - with babies name on it if she has one picked out - something simple and yet a keepsake for the mother.
    Old 09-09-2011, 01:54 PM

How about a print of footprint and/or handprint (the hospital staff can do this after death or mom/dad can do it before) and then make a small frameable quilted piece?
    Old 09-09-2011, 02:34 PM

My prayers go out to this family. A friend who went through this asked for monetary donations and then purchased and donated a beautiful rocking chair to the NICU unit that cared for their child. Their little boy lived for about 10 hours and they spent that whole 10 hours holding and rocking him. Never enough rocking chairs for all the parents who are there praying and hoping their babies have a miracle.
    Old 09-09-2011, 02:40 PM

Lord have mercy. This happened at the hospital where I work. The boy was born with his brain on the outside of his head. He had a beautiful beret style hat crocheted for him, and he was only to live two hours. He lived for 14. I cannot imagine his mother ever wanting to blink the entire time he was alive! THe entire hospital staff was with the mom that day in prayer. We received constant updates, in spite of HIPPA, and can remember a day when God was with all of us, his arms around us all comforting us in the time of such an unfair loss. We have a woman who lost a child who is a photographer, she goes to take pics of babies who didn't make it. They are so beautifully and tastefully done, I can't imagine a parent who is not grateful that they have these photos. Please contact someone to do this for your friend. It will be a remembrance forever. The small wooden box also is a great idea. My mom has one for my brother who died in 1943.
    Old 09-09-2011, 02:40 PM

Lord have mercy. This happened at the hospital where I work. The boy was born with his brain on the outside of his head. He had a beautiful beret style hat crocheted for him, and he was only to live two hours. He lived for 14. I cannot imagine his mother ever wanting to blink the entire time he was alive! THe entire hospital staff was with the mom that day in prayer. We received constant updates, in spite of HIPPA, and can remember a day when God was with all of us, his arms around us all comforting us in the time of such an unfair loss. We have a woman who lost a child who is a photographer, she goes to take pics of babies who didn't make it. They are so beautifully and tastefully done, I can't imagine a parent who is not grateful that they have these photos. Please contact someone to do this for your friend. It will be a remembrance forever. The small wooden box also is a great idea. My mom has one for my brother who died in 1943.
    Old 09-09-2011, 03:02 PM

How about a small wallhagging or treasure box to put a bit of hair from the baby . If it has any. or if you crochet a angel wrap. I have made so many for the hospital and they are very comforting I hear. Here's the web address for the free pattern. They work up very fast.http://www.lucybug.org/angelwrap.html

I also make angel cards and can get one in the mail to you to add to what ever you decided. it has a small machine embroider angel and a poem which says:
    An Angel to watch over You
    May you be blessed with
    Strength and Courage you need
    To walk Through this season of
    Your Life...
    You are in my prayers

If you'd want one send me a PM with your addressand will mail it out right away

Debbie e in Ohio
    Old 09-09-2011, 03:06 PM

Many of my thought and feelings have already been written. May the Lord bless these parents and you during this time. My heart aches for all of you. Janette
    Old 09-09-2011, 03:07 PM

One of my quilt customers granddaughters was in the same situation, she is now 7 years old and very healthy, let us pray the docs are wrong again....that is my prayer for this little one.
    Michelle in Texas
    Old 09-09-2011, 03:44 PM

A beautiful little pillow would be nice, and would not take a lot of time to make.
    Old 09-09-2011, 03:45 PM

A small flannel gown? maybe a matching bonnet? My heart goes out to her.