Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Help to identify pieces and placement >
  • Help to identify pieces and placement

• Help to identify pieces and placement

Old 01-19-2016, 03:13 AM
    Power Poster

What a treasure you will have when you finish this one. It will be like you are working with your sister. GOD Bless
    Old 01-19-2016, 04:38 AM

Maybe tulip but I see the beginnings of a cat. The "leaf" looks like a tail and the other piece is the head. Are there any other pieces that resemble a cat's body? Fun figuring out what another person had in mind and putting hands where theirs have been. Can you feel her presence looking over your shoulder?!
    Old 01-19-2016, 05:55 AM

I'm fairly certain that it is a tulip as my sister was most fond of flowers and has made other quilts with similar design. Just not able to find a pattern in her belongings that matches these particular pieces. I do feel like we are working together when I pull out some of her quilt patterns and such. She was the most talented person I have ever known, she crocheted (anything and everything with yarn or crochet cotton), sewed (like a professional), taught herself to do tatting, did cake decorating, built things out of wood, etc. She was a great teacher and gave me incentive to learn so much more than I had ever imagined I'd try to learn! She came back home after many years in Arizona and then Missouri when she was diagnosed with lung cancer Stage 4. Unfortunately I was working a full-time job at the time and didn't have time to do much with her. We were able to complete a quilt top which she had started as a family unit and the quilt was donated to the Cancer society which helped her in her final days. I'll have to try to find a picture of that quilt and share it with you.
    Old 01-19-2016, 07:15 PM

I used ManiacQuilter2 google address. I changed the applique to tulip quilt. On the lower half of that page of quilts it shows a tulip and the leaf is shaped just like the one you show. But it shows them in a basket. Tulip in the middle and leaf on each side.
    Old 01-20-2016, 02:20 AM
    Gay

Would your sister have attempted this one? Loopy Tulips. It has over 100, and perhaps the 'stems' she started cutting was for the loopy bits.

http://www.loopytulips.com/patterns/