Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Help please with ELNA 9000 >
  • Help please with ELNA 9000

• Help please with ELNA 9000

Old 09-20-2013, 01:24 PM

Default Help please with ELNA 9000

I wonder if anyone can help. I have been given an ELNA 9000 sewing machine. The feed dogs appear to be dropped and I can't get them to come back up. The person who gave me the machine has unscrewed the needle plate and I can't get it to go back on. Does anyone have one of these machines who could perhaps guide me? Many thanks
    Old 09-21-2013, 05:35 AM

If the needle plate doesn't go back on, I'll bet the dogs got stuck and whoever tried to unstick them undid the plate to try. The feed dogs could be jammed by thread, rust, foreign object or the mechanism that controls them is bent or broken.

Your best bet would be a repair shop.
    Old 09-21-2013, 08:06 AM
    Power Poster

I just wanted to mention about the needle plate -- make sure that you are not trying to put it back on upside down. It wasn't an Elna, but I did that once with a needle plate I had taken off. Took my dh to show me why I couldn't get it back on.
    Old 09-23-2013, 09:42 AM

Thanks Weezy Rider, that is exactly what has happened, there are screws on the needle plate that have been removed and according to the manual the needle plate comes off without removing them and I can't seem to work out how to get them back on so I think you are correct and I will put it into the repair shop.

Prism99 thanks for the reminder but I have checked that I had it the correct way because that was my first thought initially.
    Old 09-23-2013, 11:13 AM

have you tried to google it, maybe you can find some info there
    Old 09-24-2013, 05:14 AM

Hi Nellie yes I have googled it and could not find anything relevant, thanks for suggestion
    Old 09-24-2013, 03:06 PM

hi cannyquilter i have a elna 6003 quilter,s dream sewing machine and how i lower and raise my feed dogs is to remove the extension table after it,s removed look in lower back of machine look in area of lower bottom on back you,ll see a switch lever move that switch back and forth it should lower or lift feed dog ,hope i help you
    Old 10-26-2013, 07:09 AM

Default Did you find your answer?

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
    I wonder if anyone can help. I have been given an ELNA 9000 sewing machine. The feed dogs appear to be dropped and I can't get them to come back up. The person who gave me the machine has unscrewed the needle plate and I can't get it to go back on. Does anyone have one of these machines who could perhaps guide me? Many thanks
    On the back of the free arm there is a switch with a locking mechanism that will allow the feed dogs to be dropped. Push down on the locking mechanism with one hand and move the sliding switch with the other hand and the feed dogs will come back up.

I've had this machine for years - I really love it.
    -Suz
    Old 10-27-2013, 08:14 AM

Suz, thanks for your comments, I have found out that it was the feed dog adjustment screw that was worn. My repair shop could not get a replacement but I managed to get one from US sewingpartsonline. My repair shop replaced it for me free of charge because they said they should have been able to source it for me so that was great. I am really excited about the machine but haven't had time to "play " with it yet. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions.