Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • here we go again - large item missing >
  • here we go again - large item missing

• here we go again - large item missing

Old 02-08-2012, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by matraina
    Happens to me a lot. I tore the house apart looking for a brand new pair of quilting gloves. Couldn't find it. I waited and waited and waited but, still, it never showed up. I bought a new pair and, wouldn't you know, the first pair showed up.
    Isn't that always the way? I have done that too many times.
    Old 02-08-2012, 11:39 AM

I do hope it turns up! When something like that happens to me I will tear my house apart and then find it in the oddest place thinking to myself, "I would have never put it there!" Well....apparently I did because I'm the only one who would have. (No one in my house thinks anything needs to be put away. UGHHHH!!!!)
    Old 02-08-2012, 04:44 PM

If you think it might be Emily that might have followed you then ask her for it. This has happened to me a couple of times with different things and they turn up in places I don't usually go into. I usually just say " Ok, whoever took my things please bring them back." and usually I soon find them.
    Old 02-08-2012, 06:34 PM

Default losing things

Welcome to my world. I lose pieces of quilts, my scissors if they are not hung around my neck, the cutter and even sometimes the ruler. Sometimes I have to get my husband to come and find it for me and it is right in front of me. Hope your fabric soon. Look in the bottom of the other bags. Hope you did not throw them away...done that too.
    Old 02-08-2012, 06:39 PM

Good luck finding must have been the scrap fairies tell them to bring it back. Hope you find it soon before you lose the momentum. How about in one of your suitcases maybe? Sue
    Old 02-08-2012, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
    We are spending the winter in a 1 BR, 550 sq. ft. condo down south. I had five bags of scraps - blues, reds, everything else colored, white-on-white, and white prints, that I was planning to iron and cut into charm squares. I cut up the first four bags and now I am ready to do the white prints-- can I find that bag anywhere? Of Course not. I have looked everywhere it could be, twice.

I wrote last fall about a quilting hoop that disappeared from my sewing room up north and wound up in the attic. I blamed it on Emily, our resident spirit. I hope she did not follow us to Alabama.

I still have one trick up my sleeve - I am going to file away all the charm squares I have already cut up, which I was going to do when I finished my cutting. If that doesn't bring out the last bag, I give up.

I'm curious as to whether you ever found it? My husband always blames me when he can't find something, but he also asks me to find things for him. He couldn't see it even if it was directly in front of him. I still love him!
    Old 02-08-2012, 07:05 PM

Iscreech said, ""Welcome to my world. I lose pieces of quilts, my scissors if they are not hung around my neck"".
    Well, I've lost my scissors when they ARE around my neck. Good luck in finding your fabric.
    Old 02-08-2012, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Patricia Faye
    I'm curious as to whether you ever found it? My husband always blames me when he can't find something, but he also asks me to find things for him. He couldn't see it even if it was directly in front of him. I still love him!
    Are you married to MY husband?? And when we can't find something, he insists we can't do anything else until we find this "something"! LOL!
    Old 02-09-2012, 05:07 AM

Not as bad as what my DH did. I had two bags sitting by the back door to take to some friends.Plus two bags of old clothes to go to "Save a Child coming to pick up some things." What does he do but puts all (4)bags out side.I looked for the next 3 hours. thought I was having a break down. So all of my fabric to give away went to Save a Child. Hope they enjoy all my fabric.
    Old 02-09-2012, 05:08 AM

Have you tried the prayer to St. Anthony - someone in my office one taught it to me and it works for me ....
    "Tony, Tony, please come round - something is lost and must be found." Good luck!