Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • HEY HEY HEY GUESS WHAT HAPPENED TODAY >
  • HEY HEY HEY GUESS WHAT HAPPENED TODAY

• HEY HEY HEY GUESS WHAT HAPPENED TODAY

Old 08-04-2010, 09:39 AM

Sounds serendipidous! How wonderful to meet others on the board!
    Old 08-04-2010, 09:43 AM

That was a great surprise.
    Old 08-04-2010, 10:54 AM

What a small world we live in!!!!!
    Old 08-04-2010, 02:53 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

Originally Posted by litacats
    I was in my favourite material store and mentioned the quilt police, the lady standing in line next to me asked me if my name was Melita, when I said yes she said she was earthwalker from the quilting board, how was that for a suprise so we had a little chat and had to go our seperate ways, but what a lovely suprise,
    how great that you met up with each other!
    I was just wondering what your favourite material store is as I am always on the lookout for new places to stock up at...
    Old 08-04-2010, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by blahel
    I was in my favourite material store and mentioned the quilt police, the lady standing in line next to me asked me if my name was Melita, when I said yes she said she was earthwalker from the quilting board, how was that for a suprise so we had a little chat and had to go our seperate ways, but what a lovely suprise,
    I was just wondering what your favourite material store is as I am always on the lookout for new places to stock up at...
    text traders midland just love thier 1 & 2 dollar tables and they have craft material on at $4.00 mtr at the moment, what suburb do you live in
    Old 08-04-2010, 05:45 PM
    Power Poster

Isn't it cool when that happens. :-D
    Old 08-04-2010, 08:23 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

Originally Posted by blahel
    text traders midland just love thier 1 & 2 dollar tables and they have craft material on at $4.00 mtr at the moment, what suburb do you live in
    I live in Casuarina (near kwinana or rockingham) I havent been to a textile traders for a while so might check them out. I usually shop at Spotlight but would like to go to Midland as have seen a big quilting shop advertised but just never seem to have the time. Nice to talk to someone local!!
    Old 08-04-2010, 08:23 PM

Cool!
    Old 08-04-2010, 08:32 PM
    Power Poster

It was lovely to meet "Litacats" yesterday...I had been reading the post about "have you met anyone from the board" and thought "Yeah, right, that's never going to happen" and amazingly it did!

Blahel, Textile Traders in Midland is one of the friendliest stores...staff are really lively and they have some pretty good bargains most of the time. Spotlight in Cannington is my next favourite, they seem to have a slightly more interesting range than some other stores. I haven't yet checked out the quilting store (I know the one you mean), but hope to in the next week or so, will let you know if it's worth the petrol money!
    Old 08-04-2010, 09:17 PM

I went into the quilting store yesterday wow did they have some stuff, thay had finished quilts everwhere with the kits to buy to make your own, and quilting machines and a quilting table It brings the song to mind IF I WERE A RICH MAN, Oh I could have had some fun there I can tell you, but most of it was out of my price range, I will just have to save my pennies, I almost drooled over the machines infact when the sales person came up and asked me what I was after I did say I was just drooling over everthing. tightly packed but well laid out, everthing you could ever want under 1 roof. they do have layby if you want it and also teach different classes,