Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hiding Fabric Purchases >
  • Hiding Fabric Purchases

• Hiding Fabric Purchases

Old 08-04-2011, 09:23 AM

That's exactly why large purses were created! :lol: I put my bag in my purse while I'm putting my wallet back in, and hubby sees me walking out the door without a bag --- and thinks there "wasn't anything good on sale". Don't tell him! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 08-04-2011, 09:35 AM

I don't need to hide anything from my DH.In fact when I go to the fabric store he says take your time and get whatever you want.He's a keeper
    Old 08-04-2011, 09:36 AM

I have a friend who does this. She's not a quilter, but she does love a bargain she finds online. Her hubby works from home most days, and those days can change, so she has started having her packages delivered at different friends houses. Hasn't asked me yet, but it is strictly a matter of time.... Virg
    Old 08-04-2011, 09:41 AM

Nope, out in the open and complain bitterly about prices.
    He has his hobby and I have mine.
    Old 08-04-2011, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies
    In my first marriage I had a husband who would check the grocery store receipt to make sure I hadn't "snuck" anything. I was young and had a lot of childhood baggage that made me feel worthless, so I acted like I was of little worth.

After about 10 years, I had grown enough to realize that I was of GREAT worth and deserved better than a life of coerced servitude and being constantly made to feel inferior. So I divorced him....and, surprise, I didn't crash and burn like he always told me I would if I left him...in fact I raised my three kids on my own by starting my own business cleaning houses while I went to college.

Eventually met and married the man of my dreams (though I had told myself there wasn't a man out there worth giving up my freedom for!)who is the love of my life.

I never have to hide anything from him and he encourages every one of my hearts desires. If I have an interest he pushes me to pursue it.

I still struggle with feeling unworthy (but it definitely does not come from him.....it's those old tapes in my head)when I buy something that is all for me.

I am so grateful to married to my husband....it is like my life did not truly begin until I met him, he is my best friend.
    DITTO and double DITTO
    Old 08-04-2011, 09:46 AM

I don't hide fabric from my dh but I do sort of hide it from my mother. I don't really need to hear it from her about my addiction. I hear it from myself enough.
    Old 08-04-2011, 09:47 AM

Our marriage is trust. My DH is usually with me when I buy fabric, and if I buy it online, I tell him. He says you don't have to tell me. I can't understand why anyone would want to hide fabric from their DH. Mine even cuts strips.
    Old 08-04-2011, 10:00 AM

My DH doesn't care if I buy fabric. Every time we go to town, he asks me if I want to go to the fabric store. A few weeks ago I bought a La Reine treadle machine at a yard sale for $50.00. When he got home I went running to him with open arms, give him a big Hug & Kiss & said I sure love you. He said OK, what did I but you this time? He was tickled to bring the machine in for me. He knew I had wanted a treadle for years.
    Old 08-04-2011, 10:10 AM

When I was married, he never said anything about how much fabric I had other than comment that I could open my own fabric store. My boyfriend patiently waits in the car for me to go inside and shop so I try to do my shopping when he is busy with something else but he never says I have too much and will compliment me when I take advantage of a good sale.
    Old 08-04-2011, 10:32 AM

I do it all the time. Since DH gets up much earlier to go to work, he goes to bed earlier as well. That is when I head to the garage and bring in (sneak in) my packages!!:-):-)