Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hit a couple yard sales. >
  • Hit a couple yard sales.

• Hit a couple yard sales.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:02 AM
    Power Poster

Lucky you that your little niece was interested in going to a garage sale with you and even better that you could give her a "custom" cutting mat just her size. Our DGD just turned 5 and I hope that someday she will want to have Grandma MiMi teach her to sew, embroider or whatever. My Mom taught me to do embroidery when I was in first grade and I treasure those moments together with her, and treasure the set of pillowcases that she embroidered. I'm looking forward to teaching Zoe anything and everything she wants to do with me.
    Old 06-16-2015, 08:17 AM
    Power Poster

Love those yard sales...
    Old 06-20-2015, 12:13 PM

This has been a fun thread to read! My (only) granddaughter will be 9 in August and does show some interest in doing things with me. She said she'd like to learn to sew, but lives 2 1/2 hours from me, and timing isn't always the best for me to get there. However, on a visit there last fall, we did get to JoAnn's to purchase fleece and the two of us created a tie blanket for her. Needless to say, she loved working on it with me and we spent a good time chatting away. I did encourage my daughter to look into a beginner's sewing class for her, if she was interested, and I do have a sewing machine she can have/use. Hopefully my daughter will go with the suggestion of sewing classes.
    Old 06-20-2015, 01:27 PM
    Power Poster

We come from a family who loves to thrift shop and go sailing as we call it. Often she goes with her grandma and grandma's bf. They hit the flea markets a lot. They found a wedding dress for a friend who is a plus size for $25.00 asking. Took a photo sent it to her and then got it for $15. So little one has it in her blood. She also has great negotiating skills.