Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hoarder...Who Needs tv????? >
  • Hoarder...Who Needs tv?????

• Hoarder...Who Needs tv?????

Old 02-17-2011, 11:14 AM

My hubby thinks my sewing/computer room is a mess...not compared to this but then he's have it all in a dumpster if I kept my like yours. FYI He is very anal when it comes to clean but I love him dearly and wouldn't trade him. He's the love of my life.
    Old 02-17-2011, 11:16 AM

My hubby thinks my sewing/computer room is a mess...not compared to this but then he'd have it all in a dumpster if I kept my like yours. FYI He is very anal when it comes to clean but I love him dearly and wouldn't trade him. He's the love of my life.
    Old 02-17-2011, 11:18 AM

Do you mind if I show my son and boyfriend these photos? Then my mess won't look so bad ;-)
    Old 02-17-2011, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by yolanda
    Do you mind if I show my son and boyfriend these photos? Then my mess won't look so bad ;-)
    Not at all. I am sure others have shared them too.

In all fairness, it has not always been like this. It was a full organized room until I decided to de-stash. I have more than I will ever use and decided to de-stash. I used to have a library room and kept every book I bought. Then I realized I would never read them all again, so even though I collected by authurs and such, I took them to senior centers, nursing homes, traded them in at otherbook stores anddonated them all over. Now I read what I want and pass them on... I have a small nook at the end of my hall, on teh first picture there is a rocking chair all the way at the end. There is one book shelf and that is my reading nook. Those are books I still need to read and after, off they go. If they dont' fit on that shelf, I send them off. So I know there is hope for me on my sewing room.
    How do I get so much??? I get them from friends who parent has passed, friends who clean out their rooms, etc. And I teach at a Senior Circle for elderly ladies and they send me boxes. I went to my book review last week and she told me she had boxes left for me by other members and I came home with a trunk full. Can't say no..... I just think of who could use it. I send the children's fabrics to Project Linus and I keep the quilters fabric for moi......It's all a vicious cycle. I'm not complaining. They went through so much to send me a box, it would be rude to decline it. Just saying......
    :roll:
    Monday at guild, I have the lady who teaches at the LQS giving me 5 boxes of fabric because she won't use it since it is walmart fabrics. Bring it on. I will pick it up and put it in the hallway. Once I get organized, there are other members who do charity quilting, and for postage, I will forward a box to them. It's all good. Please don't send pm's yet.. I am already getting those. LOL. I will post under the proper Gieaway/donations.
    Now you know more of how and why I am in this predicament. My intentions are so good.
    Old 02-17-2011, 11:33 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by pjwhalen145
    It's so interesting that you should send this to me as next Monday night
    at 8pm on my show 'Enough Already! with Peter Walsh' on the Oprah Winfrey
    Network, the person that I help declutter is also a quilter whose house is
    even worse than this one.

Peter
    Oh, I knew there was a reason I wouldn't show photos of my house. Welcome from Idaho!
    Old 02-17-2011, 11:48 AM

My daughter is a professional organizer dealing in hoarders. I'll send her right over and she will have you organized in no time :)
    Old 02-17-2011, 11:53 AM

I love organizing I wish I was close to you so I can help. My son lives in Euless, Texas. I live in Omaha, NE and will be in Texas weekend of March 5th.
    Old 02-17-2011, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    Marciacpa and Charhand. I know you would love to help and that is sweet. As soon as I get it fixed up I plan to have the local qb gathering here so we can sew. Grannyp70 and Joanieu wanna come too. Give me some time, I will make you all proud. Glad others are cleaning their sewing rooms, sorry I made you feel like you needed to. LOL. I like the post where she has room aroudn her sewing machine only. So funny. Happy quilting.
    As much as I would love to help you, I'm kind of intruding
    on Charhand's (and Nancy's) offer to help you to see if she/they would help me. I'm so bad! :x And you don't have anything to apologize for. You didn't make me feel
    like I needed to clean at all - I have been wanting to do
    that for a long time, but really need someone to come
    help me. Oh, and when I talked about the two spare
    bedrooms I have, I was meaning that if anyone reading this
    who is a good organizer wants to come and help, I have
    lots of room and will feed them to boot! :D
    I'm glad you got all this started!
    Marcia
    Old 02-17-2011, 12:41 PM

Call the police!!! An intruder has trashed your stash!
    Old 02-17-2011, 12:59 PM

If we are playing 'CAN YOU TOP THIS?' You win hands down. I feel soooo much better going into my basement quilting room now....you made my day...LOL