• Main
  • Hoarder...Who Needs tv????? >
  • Hoarder...Who Needs tv?????

• Hoarder...Who Needs tv?????

Old 02-18-2011, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    Originally Posted by Gerbie
    Originally Posted by np3
    If this is the sewing room, where do you sew? Must be in another room!
    Well she said she had two rooms, I'd hate to see the other room lol. Looks like mine at one time. I'll never show mine though. I don't have room to sew in mine, I use it for fabric storage only. lol. I hate to look for things and then have to put every thing back. Early fall I started notice I said started sorting my fabrics by color and folding them so nicely using my 6x24 ruler. I still have about six large plastic long bins that I haven't even gone through yet. But then there is always stuff on the floor, that I haven't even put away.I also sew on the dinning table. At Christmas my daughter told DH and me she wanted us to start clearing out our mess, so she and DB wouldn't have to when we leave this world. Now is that a big hint or what? lol
    Deema she needs your help badly, fly down and give her a hand lol.
    Hi Gerbie. I still haven't seen the picture of the Hankie quilt you were working on. Maybe you could get a picture in Pictures. Glad you popped in. My kids said the same thing. That's one reason why I want to give it to quilters too. They would have it hauled off. SO nice to hear from you. Stay tuned.

Oops, I am starting to respond one on one like I do in my PDA, better stop of I will have two of those too. ROFLMBO. Thanks for all the posts, friends, I am reading them all. *H*U*G*S*
    Oh Debbie, I have never started on that one yet. lol. Maybe this summer I will . I made my brother his Buffalo quilt for Christmas, just finished a baby quilt for the shower tomorrow, and I am still after 2 years working on my 50 state & stars quilt. I 've told myself that one will be finished this year. lol. Then I have 4 others I want to do before Christmas of 2011. Wish me luck, dear. If I lived closer I would come sip some tea with you and we could just sit and talk about your sewing/fabric room and have some good laughs, then get to work on it. Hugs my friend.
    Old 02-18-2011, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
    I can hear a quilt whimpering from the bottom of the pile. lol! Just start at one side of the door, and work your way around the room. Decide where things will live before you start. You can do it!!!!! :thumbup:
    Time for some truth.... The only reason my sewing room no longer looks like this, is my DD's 'significant other' has OCD and I paid her $30 to organize my room. It was worth every penny I paid. :thumbup:
    Old 02-19-2011, 06:17 AM

Check this out: Once you are in there it has sections on organizing your sewing room. Just came in my inbox this morning.
    http://www.sewdaily.com/Sewing-Supplies/
    Old 02-19-2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by vschieve
    Check this out: Once you are in there it has sections on organizing your sewing room. Just came in my inbox this morning.
    http://www.sewdaily.com/Sewing-Supplies/
    Great. I already went there and signed up for the free ebook on organizing. Thanks for in the info.
    Old 02-19-2011, 03:09 PM

I can't see that the organization will do much fur me. I simply have too much stuff and too little room. I had three rooms in our old house but now I have to cram it all into one room and it just won't fit. So I have to re-sort and decide what I can get along without. Some simply has to go.
    Old 02-19-2011, 07:18 PM

My oldest daughter says when she cleans sewing room #1, she will find fabric that came from Grand Blanc with us. That was 1969. I hope not, but it's a moot point because she's not going near either room while I'm alive. She and her next sister are itching to get in there.

Debbie, I saw your giveaways posted. Good for you. Now send some motivation this direction, please.
    Old 02-20-2011, 04:21 AM
    Banned

OMG!
    Old 02-20-2011, 06:52 AM

Well, this has been one inspirational thread! Although my room isn't too bad, it is one, very small, rather crowded room...that needs some serious organizing, again :)

Debbie, sending you good wishes and lots of fun working days. It always seems to me that once I get started, it's rather OK to keep going until it's done. Once done, then I can do a little decorating, which is fun and something I always look forward too. Hope this works for you also!

If you were closer, I'd come and help! I so prefer working on someone else's room rather than my own :)
    Old 02-20-2011, 07:03 AM

Why, oh, why does it seem to take only a few minutes to destroy my sewing room when I am looking for something and hours to put it back together? I feel for you but you will eventually get it all back together. I think setting a timer is a great idea otherwise it will feel like an overwhelming task. Good luck!
    Old 02-20-2011, 11:05 AM

I'm sorry that you are so overwhelmed.
    I wish I lived closer, so I could give you a hand at organizing it.
    Just remember that it didn't get that way overnight. so it is going to take awhile to organize...one day at a time.