Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hoarder...Who Needs tv????? >
  • Hoarder...Who Needs tv?????

• Hoarder...Who Needs tv?????

Old 02-16-2011, 11:08 AM

I agree with deema. If you just start little and work your way in. Keep your eye on the big picture. I too would like to help but I'm in Nebraska and you're in Texas. We're all pulling for you, keep the faith and keep on sorting!
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
    i wouldnt be able to sleep until it was organized. Hang in there deb you'll find the bottom!
    Who sleeps??? That room is a nightmare. I go in and spend hours going from one side to the other, out into the hall and when I am tired, it all goes back in there. I did get rid of 5 tubs last week. Put them out for goodwill. Oh well, I am having a retreat in May, maybe come to my house a few hours and let them load up their trunks. NP 3 can't wait to get in there. And no , the rest of the house is clean and organized. Looks like a bed and breakfast with quitls hanging all around, on shelves, displays, etc. Very large and nicely organized. There is no excuse for this. Feel free to show your spouses, they will appreciate you more.♥♥♥
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:10 AM

At least you have the space to pull it all out ; I have a small corner in the living room for sewing and computer. And the excess has to go down the basement . I have faith that you will get through this.
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:15 AM

deema - you sound so organized. NP 3 has sent me a journal and told me how to list and ship,e tc. I already thought as I go thru to put sale items on a shelf and number them and take pictures, tehn I will be ready to sell, take one shelf/bag out at a time. Can't wait to post my after pictures but it may be in my afterlife. :)

I am going to hand quilt now and finisht eh quilt for my friend. After it and one more is done, it's no more work until I get that room clean. Thanks for looking everyone. Hope you don't have nightmares. LOL.
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:17 AM

If you can't sell here I wouldn't put it away I'd hop on over to ebay and sell, sell, sell.
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    Ok, so you do have a mess. Um.....Just think how good you will feel once you get it all cleaned and straightened up. You can always set a few piles aside to sell as soon as you are able to again so you don't have to pull it all out anytime real soon.

I would be afraid to walk into that room! :D :D :oops:
    It's easy to walk in there. YOu put one foot down and wiggle it until you feel the floor, the the other, and so on. And try not to jump when you hear a crunch. I am laughing so hard I have tears. This was a relief. I feel like I just left a hoarder meeting. My name is Deb and I am a hoarder, in two rooms only. ROFLMBO
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:18 AM

I don't feel so bad now!! I really feel for you, but I will be honest, makes me feel better!! :) Good Luck!! Wish we could all help!

Set a timer and do it for however many minutes you think you can handle at one time each day. Even if it's only 5 minutes starting out. Increase the time a minute per day 'til you reach your max time per day you want to devote to cleaning and you'll be surprised the lift in spirit you'll get and how much you can accomplish.

Originally Posted by deema
    As you're putting it all away, put what you plan to sell in the future aside. Put just the things you plan to keep away in properly sorted order. Then go through all of the items you want to sell - write down price, yardage and give it a sale number, take a picture and put it in a box/bag/whatever for sale #1, then #2, and so on - put your 15 items in one box/bag/whatever and move on. Then!!!! When you are able to sell again, you have pictures taken, you can list starting with sale one - you'll have already done the sorting, measuring and picture taking, everything for that listing is in its own spot and you only have to take out that one box/bag/whatever for selling. :D
    that is a great idea i would have never thought of that
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:21 AM

My brain won't do anything too new. Two brain surgeries and I can't do it. SO glad you understand Dreamer2009. Ebay???? OMG I would be so not organized. I will leave that to you. I am not selling to make money, really, I wanted to share on here and kill two birds with one stone. When I amke money, it goes right back to your sales. LOL. DId I tell you I love to spend money???? I am off to sew. Hope you all continue to enjoy this post at my embarassing expense. *H*U*G*S*