• Main
  • Hoarder...Who Needs tv????? >
  • Hoarder...Who Needs tv?????

• Hoarder...Who Needs tv?????

Old 02-16-2011, 11:22 AM

Here's your inspiration Debbie!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-100287-1.htm
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:24 AM

Maybe an hour a day off here and in there. LOL. I love everyone on this board....yes everyone. We are family...
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by np3
    Prepare Hubby, when I get there in May, we are organizing that room! Sell what you can for cash......no trading until May. We'll have snacky meals, no cooking, and it will be a masterpiece when we are done!
    That makes me excited. I don't live too far from Debbie. It appears that Deb has lived with her 'unorganized room' for so long, if you clean it up, she will get sick. SO, I'm not a cook but I can provide snacky meals. Please come and organize my room. I guarantee that my mess is no where near what Debbie's is.

Debbie, I'm going to report you to the fire marshal. They will take you to jail. That way, I'll be sure to have Nancy come and clean my sewing room because you won't be available. :D
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:27 AM

Kathyaire you are so bad.....and funny. I live in BLuff Dale, remember. I have one fire man and his wife is a quilte. LOL

Dakotamaid, that was awesome. I will keep these pictures and post after ones. Her room looks great now. I already bought the boards and things and have plenty of shelves. And the room is 18 x 18 so there is hope yet. Believe it or not, I can seat 4 people in there to sew comfortably, when it is clean. I teach small groups. Not lately though. I can't wait to hear PatriceJ's reaction. OK I am starting my Hoarder 12 step program. I Will only buy up to 15 items a week from the board. ROFL. :oops: :oops: :twisted:
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:27 AM
    np3
    Power Poster

Love the new rules because we got to see these pictures. And I know you have more to share with us with some tutorials, etc. These rules will bring many of us out of our hiding places and that is a good thing. And it will make you work at a slower pace! Remember, no buying or trading until we get it done. ♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by sewwhat85
    Originally Posted by deema
    As you're putting it all away, put what you plan to sell in the future aside. Put just the things you plan to keep away in properly sorted order. Then go through all of the items you want to sell - write down price, yardage and give it a sale number, take a picture and put it in a box/bag/whatever for sale #1, then #2, and so on - put your 15 items in one box/bag/whatever and move on. Then!!!! When you are able to sell again, you have pictures taken, you can list starting with sale one - you'll have already done the sorting, measuring and picture taking, everything for that listing is in its own spot and you only have to take out that one box/bag/whatever for selling. :D
    that is a great idea i would have never thought of that
    I like this idea too. Also spring is around the corner, there will be plenty of times for garage sales.
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:29 AM
    np3
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by KathyAire
    Originally Posted by np3
    Prepare Hubby, when I get there in May, we are organizing that room! Sell what you can for cash......no trading until May. We'll have snacky meals, no cooking, and it will be a masterpiece when we are done!
    That makes me excited. I don't live too far from Debbie. It appears that Deb has lived with her 'unorganized room' for so long, if you clean it up, she will get sick. SO, I'm not a cook but I can provide snacky meals. Please come and organize my room. I guarantee that my mess is no where near what Debbie's is.

Debbie, I'm going to report you to the fire marshal. They will take you to jail. That way, I'll be sure to have Nancy come and clean my sewing room because you won't be available. :D
    Always a possibility! Do you have pictures?
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:29 AM

When it comes to organizing, in flylady I trust. This is a 5 min. room rescue waiting to happen. I find it is easier if I find one small corner, self, one square foot of floor to consentrate on. keep that area clear and then let the organization get contagious and spread to the rest of the room. Even if the rest of the room is a disater, you can look at that one clear spot and smile. You can't organize clutter, let it go and set it free!
    (www.flylady.com)
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by np3
    Love the new rules because we got to see these pictures. And I know you have more to share with us with some tutorials, etc. These rules will bring many of us out of our hiding places and that is a good thing. And it will make you work at a slower pace! Remember, no buying or trading until we get it done. ♥♥♥♥♥♥
    OK I don't remember saying no buying or trading. I did say I would start 12 steps and only buy 15 items a week from teh board only. Seriously, I have a problem, I am a two room hoarder. Kathy lives about 45 minutes from me. Easy to get there but don't forget we have retreat. ALso, can you extend your visit?????
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:32 AM
    Banned

We love you Debbie.
    Hang in there and walk gently.

We are here to encourage you. YOU CAN DO IT.

I wish I lived closer. I love to organize!