Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hoarder...Who Needs tv????? >
  • Hoarder...Who Needs tv?????

• Hoarder...Who Needs tv?????

Old 02-16-2011, 12:09 PM

LOL..my husband is standing here..talking to me..and he looked at those pictures Debbie..This is his response. "Is she your twin sister"
    I must say, I don't have quite as much as you do, but I am getting better at organizing.
    "Creative clutter is better then idle neatness"
    Old 02-16-2011, 12:16 PM

Oh Deb.....
    You are such an inspiration! I read your post and immediately stood up and started cleaning! I even dusted!
    My mission for this evening is to get all my unsold books back in order.
    Like you, I'll be posting some more FS in a day or two. I really like the new QB rules. I've seen new posters pop up and think it's good for the board. 'Looks like most (but not all) are playing by the rules.
    Thanks again for the motivation!
    Karen
    Old 02-16-2011, 12:17 PM

I'm ready to cash in my frequent flyer miles and give you a hand. It's actually easier to clean and organize when its not your stuff.
    I feel for your situation. I come from a family of hoarders and feel the pressure from both sides of my brain. One saying go "ahead get more" , the other saying "clean up the mess".
    Stay strong keep doing more everyday it will get there.
    Think about having a quilters garage sale...send a notice to every guild in your area. Post the notice for it on Craigs list.
    Selling on the board or even E- bay can take too long.
    Old 02-16-2011, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
    LOL..my husband is standing here..talking to me..and he looked at those pictures Debbie..This is his response. "Is she your twin sister"
    I must say, I don't have quite as much as you do, but I am getting better at organizing.
    "Creative clutter is better then idle neatness"
    We do kind of favor? lOL. I think this will make more hubby's appreciate you guys more. And looks like it is giving otherse the inspiration to clean their sewing rooms what not to do. :lol:
    Old 02-16-2011, 01:34 PM

First of all, I think you are very brave taking pictures and admitting that you have too much stuff. I'm sure that there are plenty of others from this board in exactly the same situation. I think it is a great idea to hire your organizing lady and follow through on Deema's suggestions. That way the things you want and need will be organized in your sewing room and all of the things for sale will be tagged, photographed and ready. That's working smart!
    Old 02-16-2011, 01:48 PM
    tmw

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
    WOW!! :shock: I don't think I saw your sewing machine! I know that you make all kinds of beautiful quilts!
    Do I have your blessing to show these pics to my hubby? He is always complaining about my lack of organization! :oops:
    Feel free. ANd go ahead.....a good laugh is probably a good thing. I don't mind.

I started collecting years ago, fabricoholic, spender, etc. I liked She who dies with the most fabric wins, but then I decided to share and this is what happened. It comes apart easier that it goes back together.

Under all that is a sewing table, a cutting table, ironing table, shelves on every wall, empty right now...... This makes me feel so helpless. I have people who have come over to take lots of stash and boxes full, but they did not help. SO no more visitors. My hubby shakes his head. And until it is done, I am so stressed because of it. I used to go in and sew all day, everything had a place, I loved my room. grrrrrrrrrrrr
    just keep at it, a little at a time, and you'll git her dun, [as they say]. and you will be proud of yourself.
    Old 02-16-2011, 01:49 PM

omg -- I luv the quilt design you are workin on in your first pic. Very classic. it would be easier to give you praise on your other works if you tiedied up a mite, but looks like you have talent 4 sure.
    Old 02-16-2011, 02:11 PM

Debbie,
    I love your rooms and your attitude. I, too, have had brain surgery and things can overwhelm me at times. Especially clutter.

This week my DH decided to organize my sewing room as it overfloweth with fabric, etc. Out came the quilting frame. Right now, everything is on the west side of the room. In huge stacks, as tall as my head. He just added a work table on the east wall, and a chest of drawers on the north wall. He is hanging pegboard on the closet door, which is located on the south wall. The room is 8 x 10.

I will post pix as soon as I can borrow a camera.
    Old 02-16-2011, 02:21 PM

I have a very big walk in closet where all my fabric is. It gets pretty messy. I call my daughter to come organize for me and pay her with fabric and charm packs. Works for both of us. You will get yours done and enjoy the room once again.
    Old 02-16-2011, 02:30 PM

Debbie,

You sure are a trooper! :) The way I see it is that things get messy quicker than you can clean them up. I have 5 kids and I know how true this is!! I can't imagine all the treasures you have in your room.

Hugs!!