Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hoarder...Who Needs tv????? >
  • Hoarder...Who Needs tv?????

• Hoarder...Who Needs tv?????

Old 02-16-2011, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
    The classified section is not as interesting without Debbie!! Lot of "looking for" and "ISO" - it's like shopping in an empty store!
    ROFLMBO !!
    Old 02-16-2011, 05:04 PM
    Banned

Wow, I thought I needed to start organizing my house! I think you take the prize :)
    Old 02-16-2011, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Wow, I just met my match. I have two rooms that look just like that. The answer to where do I sew? In the family room and dining room with the cutting table in the living room. I don't know where to start without pulling hundreds of yards of fabrics out into the living room and I hate to mess up the LR, but I may have to for a while.

Debbie, we are in this together.
    Ditto - I have 2 rooms of fabric and gadgets. Took the bed out of one of the rooms (no room for it). I sew on the dining table. Put everything into tubs to consolidate the two rooms to make one of the rooms a usable bedroom but didn't quite succeed. You can sleep on the beds but that's it. Still working on making it a real bedroom. But I am trying to keep it confined to those two rooms. My Koala cabinet is in the family room along with all my quilting books in the bookcase.

Come on ladies, we can do this. Debbie, you are a lot braver than me. No way can I post pictures.
    Old 02-16-2011, 07:10 PM

HA!!! I have the same experience and the same pics I'll post for you so you feel better. and then "whats his name will be after me too!".... I'm in same boat not going to be able to sell with "new rules".....I won't qualify, don't meet the guidelines, to bad for everyone.... I bought your lifter and love em'! I think everyone loses. Sorry!!! My older son actually came home last fall I came around the corner just in time to hear him tell his wife, "I'm concerned about mom, I think she's become a hoarder" that's when I decided I needed to "clean up my act"!!
    Old 02-16-2011, 07:18 PM

My lifter is still for sale on the classifieds. SO many members have them now and every once in a while they pop in to tell me they are still using theirs. I took 5 extras with me to Retreat and when they saw mine, they bought one. Happens to me all the time. (sound like the Insurance girl.lol).. I love this board and all the sharing we do. I am taking the posting as something wonderful. I usually post in my own PDA but this has been fun sharing and meeting more people. I have people who visit my PDA and this is fun too. Even more people. Wish I had started sooner.
    Old 02-16-2011, 07:27 PM

OMG!
    Old 02-16-2011, 07:30 PM

I agree. It's like a snowball rolling downhill. This could be a "What you don't want to do..."

I am thinking of movign that sewing room down the hall to my room and moving me up the hall. Then let hubby open up the wall to the hall and I can extend out there with the quilting racks and such. Add French doors halfway down that I can close off when company comes. He is such a good carpenter but it takes him time. Then I can sleep, sew, and everything in that room. I am thinking about a small fridge too.
    Old 02-16-2011, 07:31 PM

Has anybody talked to the board members or monitors to find out why they have changed the rules?
    Old 02-16-2011, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by trisha
    Has anybody talked to the board members or monitors to find out why they have changed the rules?
    Feel free to send them a PM with your questions :)
    Old 02-17-2011, 12:51 AM
    Administrator

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    I can't wait to hear PatriceJ's reaction.
    I've been laughing my way through this thread. :lol:

Five years ago, most of my house looked like the pictures you've generously posted for us. It's amazing how the clutter, collecting and lack of organization can sneak up on you.

One day, you look around and think, "hmmm, i really need to do something about this." At some point later, you look around and think, "omigosh! how am i ever going to get all of this cleaned up and organized?". I used to walk around (ok ... climb through) the mess with the sincere intent of getting started. But once it gets that far out of control, you can't even figure out where or how to start. I'd give up and close the doors to those rooms. :|

I finally saved up and paid somebody to ruthlessy pull out and haul off everything i didn't have a specific use for. if it didn't go to the dump, it went to charity.

I discovered floors, walls, furniture ... all sorts of things i'd forgotten i had. Took a few sidetrips down Memory Lane, too.

My reaction? I'm proud of you. I'm happy for you. I'm hopeful for you. And I can't wait to see the results.

Keep showing us pics of your progress. Every little bit counts and inspires you to keep going. :-)

Hundreds of :thumbup: and Hugs to you!!!!! :-) :-) :-)