Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hoarding >
  • Hoarding

• Hoarding

Old 03-03-2015, 12:33 AM

My son said I was on the verge of being a fabric hoarder. My best friend ask if she could come to my fabric store to shop. LOL My DH is okay with all my fabric as he knows it makes me happy & he loves my finished products. He always asks me< when we go to town, if I want to stop at the fabric store. Bless him for that. He once took me to the fabric store & told me to pick out anything & as much as I want & he would take a nap in the car. After an hour he comes in & I had my basket full. I told him I was ready to go if he is. He said, no, take your time & he went back out. An hour later he came back in & I had put everything back as I decided I didn't need any of it. I walked out after two hours & didn't buy a thing. He couldn't believe it & still tells everyone about that shopping trip. I have been trying not to buy this past year as I have three rooms over flowing. So, as of now, you are not a hoarder. Me either, I'm just a collector. LOL
    Old 03-03-2015, 03:58 AM

I got rid of my DH long before I started quilting. My next move will be to my seven-acre homestead which has a small cottage for living and a small cottage for quilting. The only rule I have is that everything on those seven acres is paid for.
    Old 03-03-2015, 04:43 AM

I've shopped and shopped and only bought a yard or two, but never a basket full and put it all back. You have willpower ! Good for you !