Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hobby Lobby no longer honoring coupons >
  • Hobby Lobby no longer honoring coupons

• Hobby Lobby no longer honoring coupons

Old 08-25-2016, 10:27 AM

Default Hobby Lobby no longer honoring coupons

I printed out the current coupon from Hobby Lobby this morning on my computer. While shopping at Hobby Lobby in Bettendorf, IA I was told that they are no longer honoring the 40% off coupon on fabric. Funny, the coupon I had in hand said it was good on up to 10 yards on one cut of fabric. They told me that they could no longer honor it because fabric is already 30% off everyday.
    Has anyone else experienced this....and when did it change? I can see their point...but I think the wording on the coupon needs to be removed before changing the policy.
    Old 08-25-2016, 10:57 AM
    Power Poster

I hadn't heard. Very Sad. They are doing the same thing that JAF started doing a few years ago.
    I would write and email and complain. If the coupon was still valid, they should have accepted it. Unless we complain with the way these stores treat us, nothing is going to change.
    Old 08-25-2016, 11:01 AM

*** You could never use a coupon on MARKED down products.
    *** It had to be REGULAR priced.
    *** They will make the fabric at the REGULAR price and then you can use the coupon, but you must tell the cutter.
    Old 08-25-2016, 11:13 AM

you can use the coupon on fabric marked Seasonal cuz it's not on sale like the other fabric.
    Old 08-25-2016, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper
    I printed out the current coupon from Hobby Lobby this morning on my computer. While shopping at Hobby Lobby in Bettendorf, IA I was told that they are no longer honoring the 40% off coupon on fabric. Funny, the coupon I had in hand said it was good on up to 10 yards on one cut of fabric. They told me that they could no longer honor it because fabric is already 30% off everyday.
    Has anyone else experienced this....and when did it change? I can see their point...but I think the wording on the coupon needs to be removed before changing the policy.
    I'm surprised that yours honored it before.

I don't believe any Hobby Lobby I've been in would have honored it since it is already on sale. You'd have to find fabric that isn't on sale. I think they probably carry some fabric that isn't 30% off everyday.
    Old 08-25-2016, 01:02 PM
    Power Poster

Seems to me if it is 30% off everyday then that should be the regular price. I guess I don't understand business or I have too much common sense. LOL
    Old 08-25-2016, 01:13 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    Seems to me if it is 30% off everyday then that should be the regular price. I guess I don't understand business or I have too much common sense. LOL
    I agree with you on that.
    Old 08-25-2016, 01:20 PM

I have always hated that loophole. Often I have gone to J's and HL with a 40% off only to find it's on sale for 30% off. Even though I understand that they can't discount a discount, it would be nice if the honored the deeper discount off the retail price.
    Old 08-25-2016, 02:03 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    totally agree. Had a "discussion" with a 12 year old manager (at least he seemed that way to me) about if it is an every day price it isn't a sale price and coupon should apply. I don't shop there any more for a multitude of reasons. Just speaking for myself.
    Old 08-25-2016, 02:32 PM

It may depend on the clerk? Here, if I ask to use my coupon, the clerk will write the fabric down at full price, without the 30% off. Every little bit helps. And much of their stuff, like Warm and Natural, is not already 30% off. That is what I usually use my coupons for.

Dina