Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • hobby table >
  • hobby table

• hobby table

Old 02-22-2013, 07:52 AM
    Power Poster

first, the sale price is a good one. i bought mine many years ago for less. it does wobble. some quilters actually use it as a cutting table. i just use it to baste my quilts. usually with basting spray. I like it well enough.
    Old 02-22-2013, 08:04 AM
    Power Poster

I have looked at these tables but was not impressed with what I have seen. They do not appear to be sturdy enough to take the workout I would give it. I will make one some day from something used...
    Old 02-22-2013, 08:16 AM

I've had mine for over ten years and use it all the time. Never had a wobble problem, or at least I have never really noticed.
    Old 02-22-2013, 08:23 AM

Have it love it and use it all the time to pin baste quilts. Like that it's higher than our table so easier on the back. Love the feature that sides fold down and sits against the wall. Have a quilt draped on top...looks so pretty!
    Old 02-22-2013, 09:52 AM

I have one and my friend has one. I've had mine for 12 years and it has been wonderful. I do have it on carpet so the jiggling has not bothered me. I keep mine fully extended and it is my only cutting table. I'd love to have two for sandwiching, but not enough room for me to store it. I did get mine at about half of what the cost is now, but it has been good for me. I did get one of the white cutting mats, but soon layered it with two large Olfa mats gotten at Joann's with a 50% discount coupon. The white mat is not selfhealing and quickly lost it's good cutting surface.
    Old 02-22-2013, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by appliquequiltdesigns
    I am thinking about getting a table for cutting & pin basting. I am considering this table from Joann's
    http://www.joann.com/home-hobby-table/xprd830869/. Does anyone have this table or one like it? Would you recommend it?
    I got one similar to it several years ago when we had a Hancock's-I love it, just the right height for cutting and love the fact I can wheel it around
    Old 02-22-2013, 01:09 PM

I bought a farmhouse dining table (all wood) from a local thrift store a couple of years ago for $30. So sturdy and that big cutting mat that will fit the table you are referring to fits perfectly on the top. The only thing I might do is get a set of those bed risers to make it a better height for me. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Old 02-22-2013, 01:09 PM

I love my table like this and it is very sturdy but the best thing about it is that it folds up to ease a space issue in my sewing room.
    Old 02-22-2013, 04:28 PM

I have this table too and it works for me. I have a small space and I like that I can fold it up when I need more room. I use it for cutting, ironing, anything else I need a large flat surface. I haven't had any trouble with it feeling too flimsy.
    Old 02-22-2013, 05:03 PM

I had that table and the only thing left of it is the top. After moving it about and opening and closing it, the screws came out because the table is made of pressboard. I ended up buying a dining table from a clearance center and put it up on wooden bed risers. It works great.