Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hoopsister's QAYG >
  • Hoopsister's QAYG

• Hoopsister's QAYG

Old 07-21-2014, 12:49 PM

Default Hoopsister's QAYG

Has anyone tried this and if so what did you think of the process? Here is a link to their website. http://www.hoopsisters.com/
    Old 07-21-2014, 01:56 PM
    Power Poster

Not exactly sure what you are referring to. Looks like machine embroidery designs that make a quilt block with the stitch & flip method. Lots and lots of embroidery sites have these types of blocks. The process works well, but you need to decide how to join the completed blocks. I did one where I used sashing. I love molly mine's crazy patch designs: http://www.mollymine.com/crazy-quilt-designs-c-15.html
    Old 07-21-2014, 08:08 PM

Are you talking about their jacobean journey BOM type quilts through dealers
    Old 07-22-2014, 05:05 AM

Queen of Stitching also has QAYG. She has videos on how to finish.
    http://www.queenofstitching.com/quil...ing-techniques
    Old 07-22-2014, 12:23 PM

I guess I should have made my post a little clearer..I meant to say had anyone tried their product and what did you think of the process ..so sorry for the confusion..
    Old 07-22-2014, 04:40 PM

I have done the goose track, feathered star and am working on the mystery quilt. They are large project. 6 months to a year. I did them as BOM and had to do 10-16 blocks each month. There are a few design oops in each project. They are generous with their fabric requirements. Doing the back the way they suggest is a lot of work, I just put a back and SITD. The each of the blocks take on an average of 40 min to stitch out. For a queen size feathered star or the new Jacobean plan on about $400 for materials and $150+ for the design. I have posted my feather star quilt on the board.
    Old 07-22-2014, 05:03 PM

Good gravy..I'm glad I asked..That kind of money and time is way out of my realm!! Thanks for letting me know..Would love to see your Jacobean quilt when you have finished..
    Old 07-22-2014, 05:59 PM

I saw a couple of the finished Hoopsister quilts at a Quilt Show this year and they are gorgeous! I bought a similar embroidery quilt software program called Sassy Cats - it is wall hanging size - to try out the method and it came out pretty well.
    Old 07-22-2014, 07:21 PM

Sigh, I have one of those projects started -- I like trying different processes. The blocks do make up into a beautiful quilt.
    Old 07-23-2014, 03:04 AM

My daughter and I have done the Hoopsister's mystery for the last four years. It's turned into somewhat of a summer tradition, though my daughter is more valiant than I am in finishing. Here are a few pictures. 2011 she did yellow/black, I did pink/gray. 2012 her oranges are 100% scrappy from an "orange" layer cake swap we did with LuvtooQuilt. 2013 Hoopsister's did a stained glass mystery with an option to do a solid. My daughter, who likes to do her own thing, did a scrappy top and minky back. She also pieced our "battilizer" from the previous years and used it for 100% of her quilt. It's beautiful!! This year she's doing an Alaskan theme with aurora borealis backing. I'm doing a Texas theme with Texas backing.

Some blocks take more time than others. And yes, they are generous in their fabric requirements. But, like I said, it's a tradition now.
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg